PC Specs:
Motherboard- Asrock FM2A88X+KILLER
CPU: AMD A10 7890k 4core+12 gaming cores
RAM: 24GB (8,8,4,4) CORSAIR
PSU: OCZ ModXStream 700w.
Hdd 2- 1TB WD Blue
Case: Corsair Carbide 540 Cube.

----------------------------------------------------

First off I would like to apologize for any typos I am writing this with my phone.

So as of today my computer seems DOA.
Virtually no power (sort of... more on that later.)

I do have a degree and an A+ certification in computer science.
And I have tried just about everything to understand what may have happened and how to bring life back into my system.

So what happened was, I came into my room and my computer apparently shut off, I chalked it up to an update. When I went to turn it back on I got 0 response.
I started working with simple to complex troubleshooting steps.
At first I checked the power supply to make sure it was fully plugged in. I then went on to check the i/o switch in the back... no response, I unplugged everything and plugged them back in 1 by 1.... no response, I began breaking down the internals and reseating them back in... nothing. Power to outlet works... lamps are still working so it's not the outlet or surge protector. I then went on to break down my PSU to replace it with a backup laying around... now this is the crazy part...
Not a damn thing works on this computer right now... but I started plugging things back in when I replaced the PSU ... MY afterglow xbox360 lights up while plugged into the sub spot in the back. I flip the power and the Controller shuts off, and it instantly comes back on when I flip the power back on.
This indicates that the power supply actually does work. It also indicated there is power surging through the motherboard.

This is a fairly new case. Less than a year old. And I also tried rigging up another case switch to rule that out.

I am completely lost on this