[SOLVED] Custom PC help, urgent assitance required pleaaaaaase :(

Aug 20, 2021
Hi,

So i have build a custom PC and have re-used a SSD from a previous PC. I can boot into Windows fine but when attempting to access the BIOS the 'Boot' light (red) turns on and it seems to crash on the boot screen. If i allow it to boot as normal without attempting to get into the bios it loads windows fine.

I've tried to unplug everything one a time and restart the PC with no luck. I've attemped to reset CMOS and change the battery just in case.
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
Ryzen 5 3600
16GB Corsair Vengence pro 3600 Mhz (Currently only running at 2x1064 mhz) need to access BIOS to fix this
EVGA RTX 2060 KO

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

So i have build a custom PC and have re-used a SSD from a previous PC. I can boot into Windows fine but when attempting to access the BIOS the 'Boot' light (red) turns on and it seems to crash on the boot screen. If i allow it to boot as normal without attempting to get into the bios it loads windows fine.

I've tried to unplug everything one a time and restart the PC with no luck. I've attemped to reset CMOS and change the battery just in case.
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
Ryzen 5 3600
16GB Corsair Vengence pro 3600 Mhz (Currently only running at 2x1064 mhz) need to access BIOS to fix this
EVGA RTX 2060 KO
What happens if the "used" disk is not connected?
Using a previous Windows install is not reliable with a motherboard swap. For best reliability, you need to do a clean install.

Reactions: kurdtnz