CX 750m PSU

Nuttybuckethead

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
(New to PC Building) I bought a CX 750M PSU and I was wondering, how many HDDS/SSDS can I plug into it? Because I understand the HDD'S/SSD'S connects to the MoBo and the PSU and I see that I have 4 "Peripheral and Sata" slots. Do i need a peripheral slot? Does this mean I have up to 4 slots for my storage? Or am i supposed to use this peripheral slot, thanks.

Solution
Since your PSU has provision for connecting up to 8 SATA devices, you're good with 8 SSD/HDD drives provided your motherboard has 8 SATA data connection points at your disposal. It's advised to connect your modular SATA cables to the PSU in it's corresponding location
cx750-850m_01.png

cx750m_05.png

irrespective of whether they fit in other slots.

You will also notice, that there are 2 more cables which terminate with Molex headers, they go into your remaining two connectors under the peripherals label on the PSU end.

Lutfij

Titan
Since your PSU has provision for connecting up to 8 SATA devices, you're good with 8 SSD/HDD drives provided your motherboard has 8 SATA data connection points at your disposal. It's advised to connect your modular SATA cables to the PSU in it's corresponding location
cx750-850m_01.png

cx750m_05.png

irrespective of whether they fit in other slots.

You will also notice, that there are 2 more cables which terminate with Molex headers, they go into your remaining two connectors under the peripherals label on the PSU end.

Solution