CX750 PSU + 2 Graphics Cards + Hard Drive Help

Grantskys13

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
Hey all!

As stated in the title, can a CX750 PSU power 2 graphics cards and a hard drive at once and be fine? Just wondering because I was thinking about using SLI for my graphics cards. The cards are GTX 760's superclocked.

Thanks everyone! BTW please no hate on any of the parts listed above :)

Solution
I ran SLI GTX 460s for years in my other computer with a Silverstone Stider Gold - no problems. You have a PSU, while not bad, has lesser quality parts (capacitors) and a bronze rating. The bronze is important because when pushed will generate more heat and also stresses the capacitors more. I'm quite confident your PSU will work but I would look to get a better quality one in the future. Look for AX HX Corsairs, Seasonic, XFX, EVGA....
-Bruce
the make and model of the cards as well as the CPU installed is quite relevant to this discussion. Some CPUs draw 80W, others draw 220W.

Knowing the make of the GPUs means I can look at the manufacturer's website to see what their power draw is. then I do the math.

I ran SLI GTX 460s for years in my other computer with a Silverstone Stider Gold - no problems. You have a PSU, while not bad, has lesser quality parts (capacitors) and a bronze rating. The bronze is important because when pushed will generate more heat and also stresses the capacitors more. I'm quite confident your PSU will work but I would look to get a better quality one in the future. Look for AX HX Corsairs, Seasonic, XFX, EVGA....
-Bruce

Solution

Grantskys13

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014

I can tell you that it is a AMD FX - 8350 CPU and a Western Digital 500GB 7200 RPM and the cards are EVGA GTX 760's Superclocked

Grantskys13

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014

Ok! I'm going to have to wait till Christmas to get money so that I can buy a better PSU haha!

Many people will read just enough to propagate rumours. CX are not bad(Raidmax bad) they just don't have the same quality Corsair used to stand for. Now people have heard Corsiar CX are not built with the same quality components - most power supplies are not either. Look at JonnyGuru or the psu database an read up on power supplies. You will see some manufacturers put out consistently superior products. When you get some Christmas money, ask for some help - we'll find you a good one. Also Black Friday is coming up pretty soon.
-Bruce

Grantskys13

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014

Alright thanks man! Glad your there to help me. I thought the CX series was good... O well its working for now :) Again thanks. I will contact you or post another thread if I need anything else :D!

TRENDING THREADS