Cyanogen, Microsoft Partner To Add Microsoft Apps In CyanogenMod OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
What's the difference (besides open source) of mod vs os? Is os only on the oneplusone, or can you still get it for other devices? Any cost?

gorfmaster1

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
If only they opened the Windows Phone open to android apps, The windows Phone would probably actually take off finally. Right now it is incredibly sad.

alextheblue

Distinguished
if this is true cyanogen now no worse then samsung,HTC,LG etc adding bloat to android. slimrom and paronoid android roms are just a few roms that are just as good as cyanogen
You realize these are all optional right? Just like the article says. A lot of people would like to have access to these for work. But if you don't want them you don't have to have them. Like sykozis said, choice isn't bad.

If only they opened the Windows Phone open to android apps, The windows Phone would probably actually take off finally. Right now it is incredibly sad.

How do you propose they do that, exactly? Anyway, it's got all the core apps I'd ever want and I don't buy a phone just because all my bros have the same one. I buy what works for me.

TechnoD

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
"How do you propose they do that, exactly? Anyway, it's got all the core apps I'd ever want and I don't buy a phone just because all my bros have the same one. I buy what works for me. "
Completely agree. If you buy a Windows Phone so you can try/use 3rd party apps, your doing it wrong. Windows phones are all about the Microsoft environment. Simply put, for pretty much every case, Microsoft/Nokia have produced every app you need for productivity.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

No different from what Apple, Samsung, Google, Intel and every other company has done.

Krazy8

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Most users don't need a VPN client for their phone.
I'm not sure on what basis that generalization was made, but I've come across snooping by strangers when using public WiFi networks. $5/mo for a VPN service to protect your privacy over WiFi seems worth it to me.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

Generalization? So, I guess since you "need" a VPN client, you think everyone does.

While everyone should use security software and generally avoid "public" wifi, not everyone actually "needs" a VPN client on their phone. You shouldn't even be accessing "sensitive" information from your phone. But that's common sense anyway....

Krazy8

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Generalization? So, I guess since you "need" a VPN client, you think everyone does.
No, you said that, only in reverse. I said a VPN seemed worth it TO ME, given my experience. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.