[SOLVED] Cybenetics certifications

Solution
No, it should be used WITH independent reviews, or loosely as a guide when no professional review can be found. Cybenetics is however beta testing another certification which is, I believe, supposed to test for the ability of a unit to meet criteria, such as capacity, amperage, protections, etc. at some point I just don't know when. There is information, some anyhow, on that on the Cybenetics website and if you frequent Hardware Busters much on Youtube you will find that it is Aris (Founder, or at least one of them, of Cybenetics and longtime reviewer for Tom's hardware and TechPowerUP) personal channel and he often talks about things related to Cybenetics on top of doing reviews that might not necessarily find their way onto either of...
Yes. They are more meaningful even than the 80plus certifications, which can be faked or bought in some cases, and which actually tell you nothing more than the efficiency of a unit and nothing about quality, performance or noise levels, which the Cybenetics certifications DO tell us.

Rinshun

Commendable
Sep 19, 2020
I was checking it, and it seems it only evaluates Efficiency, PF and Vampire Power. But what about the rest (ripple, hold up time, platform, build quality etc)

It may be better than the 80plus, but is it enough to ditch the hours spent looking for independent reviews?

No, it should be used WITH independent reviews, or loosely as a guide when no professional review can be found. Cybenetics is however beta testing another certification which is, I believe, supposed to test for the ability of a unit to meet criteria, such as capacity, amperage, protections, etc. at some point I just don't know when. There is information, some anyhow, on that on the Cybenetics website and if you frequent Hardware Busters much on Youtube you will find that it is Aris (Founder, or at least one of them, of Cybenetics and longtime reviewer for Tom's hardware and TechPowerUP) personal channel and he often talks about things related to Cybenetics on top of doing reviews that might not necessarily find their way onto either of the two websites he does reviews for.

Another site you might find helpful in some cases, and while those guys are NOWHERE near, in any capacity, Aris, when it comes to being knowledgeable, they are at least somewhat knowledgeable and the tier list they have on their site can generally be taken as at least moderately accurate even if there are a few glaring discrepancies among their listings, which is the PSU Cultists tier list. For the most part anything listed on tier A is not going to result in you mistakenly buying a "bad" or "undesirable" PSU model. As tier lists go, it's the only one in existence these days that I'd even remotely give any credence to.

Solution