Cyber Monday/Black Friday WHAT TO DO???

scottleejr

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
So I have a computer build which is right here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dnqjTW (the gpu is being bought from my friend so please exclude that) so I was wondering if it would be worth it to wait until Cyber Monday or Black Friday to order my components. I was doing some research and I heard that sometimes you can save some money but most of the time the exact items you will want wont be on sale and that these sale days are all hype and that these sales start from end of October to Beginning of January. So I was wondering what I should do. If these items go on sale a lot on Cyber Monday and Black Friday then I will wait, but if not then I will order now. Please help and thank you so much for helping! Happy holidays everyone!!!

blue_smoke

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
Cyber Monday and Black Friday are super hyped. Yes you CAN get good deals, but when you finally get to them they've been taken up by those sitting waiting to click "checkout" at 11:59 on wednesday night.

It's not worth the stress. BTW, order in about 2 weeks. Places usually up their prices right before Black Friday because they want to price items at their normal prices on Black Friday so people think they're getting a huge discount.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I completely agree with everything said here. Yes you will find a 850W power supply for $30. But it will most likely be Tiger Direct's garbage Ultra brand. What you won't find discounted are big ticket items like CPUs, GPUs, and PSUs of any decent quality. The way Black Friday is setup is that the deals are designed to get you in the store and that's about it. What gets heavily discounted are high inventory, low yield stuff that the stores can't move the rest of the year so they slash the prices to move inventory quickly and to get customers who want the big ticket items in the store to spend their money.

I would not buy that build though - there's much better stuff you can get for the price. Namely the power supply - EVGA B units are junk. Spend a bit more and get a Seasonic S or G series or an XFX Pro.