Cyberdyne Unveils Improved Robotsuit HAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Not to pick at you Wolfgang, but radioactive radiation made me a chuckle a bit.
(You could have said dangerous or lethal instead, as I know that there are several forms of radiation, Cellular signal for example is carried on one such type).

Good humored jostle aside, interesting read. Going to have to do some research into this whole business.

Edited for clarification and to fix typo with Wolfgang

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I though lead and hydrogen were the best protective agents against radiation?

(There's a type of radiation that is commonly found in in the outer space and easily stopped by hydrogen, though lead would only amplify it)

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
I wonder how they power this badboy. Having to be tethered to a power cable would kind of destroy the whole mobility thing. . . and there's no batteries with enough capacity to keep this thing lifting heavy objects for hours on end while still being small enough to be mounted to the suit.

T-51b's got around this problem by way of Microfusion cells. Too bad we don't have those.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]dudemcduderson[/nom]"Radioactive radiation" I did know there was any other kind![/citation]

Thermal radiation...

thefizzle656

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
[citation][nom]amuffin[/nom]When I think Cyberdyne, I think Terminator. Should we be scared?[/citation]

Judgement day is upon us!!!!!

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]amuffin[/nom]When I think Cyberdyne, I think Terminator. Should we be scared?[/citation]

We wouldn't have the funding or the technology for Skynet in the first place. NASA gets about an annual $19 billion budget, US military spends about $20 billion on air conditioning (Afghanistan, etc) annually.

We're a welfare-warfare country.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]dudemcduderson[/nom]"Radioactive radiation" I did know there was any other kind![/citation]

Oh look, someone trying to be witty but actually only ending up looking like an idiot!

Hspito

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

There is......... i.e. a radio station broadcasting it's consider Radio Frequency Radiation.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]I wonder how they power this badboy. Having to be tethered to a power cable would kind of destroy the whole mobility thing. . . and there's no batteries with enough capacity to keep this thing lifting heavy objects for hours on end while still being small enough to be mounted to the suit. T-51b's got around this problem by way of Microfusion cells. Too bad we don't have those.[/citation]
it worked semi fine in evangelion. its all good

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]We wouldn't have the funding or the technology for Skynet in the first place. NASA gets about an annual $19 billion budget, US military spends about $20 billion on air conditioning (Afghanistan, etc) annually.We're a welfare-warfare country.[/citation]

And what about DARPA? They spend a lot as well. (not saying that it isn't worth it, but it's a big budget.)

They might be able to fit Skynet into their budget. Soon as we have the technology to do so that is. =P

http://www.darpa.mil/newsevents/budget.aspx

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Hope that the experiment doesn't go wrong like the prototype iron man suit made by Hammer in Iron Man 2. That scene is always on my mind :D

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Technicaly there is only one type of radiation: Electro-Magnetic one, which is divided by wavelenght with various names (infrared radiation, gamma radiation, radio frequency radiation, microwave radiation, etc)

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Thermal radiation...[/citation]
hell even visible light is radiation...

jee_are

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
[citation][nom]_Cosmin_[/nom]Technicaly there is only one type of radiation: Electro-Magnetic one, which is divided by wavelenght with various names (infrared radiation, gamma radiation, radio frequency radiation, microwave radiation, etc)[/citation]

How about Beta, Alpha and Neutron radiation? All particles.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Cyberdyne!! this is just one more step till the machines take over! Our grand kids, grand kids will be fighting the terminators! The end of the world! The movies just got the years wrong! We're all doomed! AAAAHHHAHHHAHHAHH! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.