Question Cyberpunk 2077: 57.4 Average FPS on 1080p medium settings Even though I have good hardware for this game

Dec 19, 2022
Given that people run the game on ultra settings with around the same FPS as my medium with all the same hardware, it is pretty ridiculous, no matter how much they overclock.

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X (AIO water-cooling from EVGA)
Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700XT (Overclocked to 2120MhZ, drivers version 22.11.12)
16GB DDR4-3600 RAM
1TB SSD
Monitor: 1080p ASUS 144hz with Freesync

My Case was recently cleaned for dust and has good airflow. I have an adequate PSU.

Game settings (Anything not mentioned is probably off):

Texture quality: Medium
AMD FidelityX: Auto
AMD FidelityX scale: 0.5

FOV: 100
Lens flare: On
Motion blur: Low

Contract shadows: On
Anisotropy: 4
Local Mesh quality: Medium
Local Shadows quality: Medium
Cascaded Shadows range: Medium
Cascaded Shadows resolution: Medium
Distant shadows resolution: Low
Volumetric fog: Off
Volumetric cloud: Low
Max Dynamic Decals: Medium
Screen space reflections: Medium
Subsurface scattering: Medium
Ambient occlusion: Low
Colour precision: Medium
Mirror quality: Medium
Level of detail: Medium

Average CPU usage: 70-90%
Average GPU usage: 90-97%

Windowed borderless with a maximum FPS of 144 (for the sake of frame drops not being so horrible).

I even turned on HDD mode so that the FPS improves (marginally) when driving. I also downloaded a mod which optimizes some settings giving better FPS, but it hasn't changed anything.

Are these the expected results for my setup? Why is it different from the videos I watch? Is there anything wrong that I can fix to improve my frame rate

If the game is not lagging or encountering artifacts, then enjoy the game and do not pay much attention to the FPS counter.

You cannot compare your system to videos you might have seen, since the do not have exactly the same hardware and settings.

TRENDING THREADS