News Cyberpunk 2077 Is Already Being Pirated

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Pirating is bad and insecure. But it might work as a demo of sorts, since CDP said they won't make one. Can a PC run it? Is it really fun? Is it for me? Could serve a purpose, I guess. If you like what you get, then you know it's worth your money. (or ask for a refund, right?)

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
Actually, Steam's and EGS's applications are a form of DRM themselves. They're just not as invasive as the likes of Denuvo and similar anti cheats.
I'm not sure about EA Origin and Ubisoft U-Play though.

Totally, but if it's truly DRM-free that means I should be able to launch it without Steam/EGS/x's application running. Which means that I can just give the game files away, basically.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Which means that I can just give the game files away, basically.
You... wouldn't do that, would you?
iu

Reactions: Shadowclash10
pirating is bad

yes and no.

yes, you are stealing and not paying the devs for their time/$ making it.

no, in that many ppl only pirate games to see how they are (for a few hrs) and if their rig can even play it before buying. (like steams refund policy if ur rig cant run it)

Demo's use to be a thing. thats not the case for msot now and thus ppl do it the pirate way. (some of them will even buy the game afterwards)

and on the drm side of thign: also any game that uses Denuvo SHOULD be pirated (even if u buy it to support thedevs) just to get a denuvo free version of it casue F that pos drm. <_< (personal view as i have had a few really bad cases where it made it impossible to enjy the game)

As long as you do buy it then how you get the game and play it doesnt matter to me as playign a legit or pirate version doesnt change fact that you paid for it.

Reactions: Phaaze88

coxbw

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
I am old enough to remember getting shareware version of games on floppy disks. try it and if you like it then buy the full version. I am not condoning copying . I have watched some live streaming of the game , and while it is a very nice game, it is NOT the type I am good at. But good luck to all that are.

I don't think pirating a game to try it out is a viable excuse anymore, as steam has a 2 hour refund window and Epic games has an even longer refund window.
Unless you don't have the capital to initially purchase it, that is.

D

Deleted member 14196

I don’t know why it’s being pirated it doesn’t work very well. Maybe that was their plan make it so crappy that nobody would want it

look at flight sim for why that isnt always the answer.
huge games are taking longer and longer to download.

depending on your dl speed and all you may not be able to tell within that time limit.
It depends on play time, not download time. The game time is only time you launch and play it in.
In other words, you can spend 2 weeks downloading a game and play an hour and a half of it, and still return it.

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
It depends on play time, not download time. The game time is only time you launch and play it in.
In other words, you can spend 2 weeks downloading a game and play an hour and a half of it, and still return it.

Yes. However, IIRC the issue with Flight Sim in particular (and I'm sure this happens with other games, too) is that you just download the launcher through Steam, then you install the game itself from the launcher. However, Steam considers the launcher to be the game, so people went out of their refund window when trying to download it. I don't remember the resolution to that problem....

Yes. However, IIRC the issue with Flight Sim in particular (and I'm sure this happens with other games, too) is that you just download the launcher through Steam, then you install the game itself from the launcher. However, Steam considers the launcher to be the game, so people went out of their refund window when trying to download it. I don't remember the resolution to that problem....
Ah I see. I don't know anything about flight sim haha

Reactions: Shadowclash10
Nov 17, 2020
The game did not meet my expectations, I was waiting for something cooler.. But I dare say-the game is still very good. A lot of interesting characters, entertaining quests, etc. Physics, driving is not very sure. but the game's plot is not about that. It is possible to forgive.