Question Cyberpunk gpu readings using task manager

El2016

Prominent
Jul 13, 2022
I'm assuming this gpu reading is completely wrong, but while playing cyberpunk, the task manager is saying I'm getting below 10% of gpu and my cpu usage is around 50 up to 80 and then sometimes spiking to 90% plus (it even hit 100% a couple times)

I'm so new to pc gaming so i haven't much a clue how to accurately measure these things, but i was a bit worried. Using just the MSI center, the cpu temperature was sitting at 39 degrees and the gpu usage was hitting more around 60% plus and fluctuating around that.

Does that stuff seem normal? I have all the setting maxed with performance dlss with ray tracing on. It runs at a solid 60 and have played almost 40 hours till i realized any of this. I have installed all the latest drivers.

12400f, 16gb ram, with a 3060ti and the game installed on an ssd.

Last edited:

El2016

Prominent
Jul 13, 2022
Sorry, I'll edit the post.

Yes, i mean 39 degrees and the program is just called MSI Center. I downloaded to just change the RGB, but it has a monitor for hardware attached to it aswell. So assume it would be some sort of msi motherboard control. Sorry, fighting covid right now, so i may have misplaced some details!

task manager is saying I'm getting below 10% of gpu and my cpu usage is around 50 up to 80 and then sometimes spiking to 90% plus (it even hit 100% a couple times)

cpu temperature was sitting at 39 degrees
are you watching GPU usage while the game is still in focus or have you alt-tabbed out to the desktop?
if this MSI Center has an OSD where you can view system stats while the game is running and in focus watch those and see if there is a difference.
if this software doesn't have an OSD try MSI Afterburner+RTSS.

a higher CPU usage in a game like this that is very CPU intensive isn't really abnormal.
usually it is a good thing to see your CPU at higher usage with such a demanding game.
would usually mean your GPU is being fed more frames per second.

60% GPU usage while in-game may be a bit low if the graphics are turned up higher but really the fps you are getting would more determine if there may be an issue.
i'd say a steady 60fps is normal for this setup.

39°C for the CPU while running a game like this is very low.
either you have some crazy bad*** cooling setup, there is an issue with the temperature sensor, or you're looking at the wrong temperature reading.
i would expect more along the lines of high 60s into the 70s or even higher for an average gaming system.
i usually hang in the low 60s with a 360mm AIO & super high airflow through the case in Cyberpunk 2077.

El2016

Prominent
Jul 13, 2022
Ok, thank you. I will look into that!

Also, yes i am just alt tabbing around. I never really paid much attention to any of this stuff, i just randomly noticed that my cpu usage was 99% at a hard lock when closing it and it worried me.

Last edited: