[SOLVED] Cyberpunk stuttering no matter the quality (Ryzen 5 1600 and GTX 1060 3GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2020
Hello everyone!
I'm having quite a lot of trouble running this game to be at least playable on my rig because of a massive stuttering that occurs almost all the time, expecially when moving the view to load other stuff (I suppose?).
I managed to play my first 10-15 hours in an acceptable manner but things started to get far worse on my last 2-3 hours.

First things first, this is my rig:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 8 GB DDR4 (can't remember the exact model)
1 TB HDD

I assembled this PC in the end of 2017 so it's now three years old and I never had problems of any kind with games, except for Half Life: Alyx that had the same stuttering problems I'm having now causing me to drop it.
I also use the system with a Rift CV1.
It's worth to mention that it's been quite a while since I have some weird 100% disk usage problems with my Windows 10 System that I never managed to solve or even find the cause.

The problems now:
-Stuttering (massive, better when I don't move my view), going to a freeze to 2 FPS to brief moments of playable rate to another freeze to 5 FPS and on and on..
-Sporadic crashes (only two so far)
-NPC's and cars "popping up" from a PS1 style model/texture to the full standard model/texture, even at close distances, from bad to okay in about 4 to 10 seconds

What I tried:
-Any resolution (even the lowest one) will give me stuttering, with better but very inconsistent FPS using lower resolutions (due to the stuttering)
-Any graphic quality (low, medium, high) is the same, tough for my first hours I always kept it at medium plus some manual enhancement on some settings
-GTX drivers are up to date

What I think:
I have about 80 GB of free space on my disk, which I think should be enough to run the game, but using the Task Manager I can see my disk usage going up to 100% during gameplay.
I was wondering if moving the game/system to an SSD or just freeing some space on my HDD would stop the stuttering, because from youtube videos with my exact same hardware the game can be run at low/medium quality at a decent framerate.
Maybe is it due to the RAM?
Of course I'm not pretending a stable 60+ or even 40+ with this three years old hardware, but a quite stable 30 FPS on 1080p without stuttering should be achievable?

Thanks to everyone for any tips or experiences on how to solve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.