Cybertron PC Updates Tesseract 15 SK Gaming Laptops With Skylake CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Looks like another Clevo to me.

Still pushing out old stock SATA-II 5400rpm 1TB HDDs? It's quite possibly a Toshiba PH-2100U-1|54 / MQ01ABD100.

If laptop makers are going to continue to offer mechanical storage, I wish they would drop these old SATA-II drives in favor of HGST's 7K1000 7200rpm 1TB SATA-III (6Gb/s) HDD. I've compared these two specific drives and found the HGST to be nearly twice as fast as the Toshiba, overall.

Honestly I don't like these drives either. Less because of the RPM or SATA-II standard, and more because it only has 8 MB of cache. I've had several modern HDDs that run at 5400 RPM SATA-II or SATA-III and they work fast enough for most tasks, but I've only had one modern HDD with 8 MB of cache and it often lagged while browsing folders. SATA-II is kind of silly today, with how long SATA-III has been out, but I'd put that off as a lesser issue compared to the cache.

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Looks like another Clevo to me.

Still pushing out old stock SATA-II 5400rpm 1TB HDDs? It's quite possibly a Toshiba PH-2100U-1|54 / MQ01ABD100.

If laptop makers are going to continue to offer mechanical storage, I wish they would drop these old SATA-II drives in favor of HGST's 7K1000 7200rpm 1TB SATA-III (6Gb/s) HDD. I've compared these two specific drives and found the HGST to be nearly twice as fast as the Toshiba, overall.

Sure does. I have one. I sold it because even though it had the power, the material quality was crap. That trackpad will wear out in 6 months of using it and you'll end up with a giant blotch in the center. This usually happens with Matte coated material like the logitech G7. That plastic casing will will also develop weird stains that won't come up.

FireBean

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I live in Wichita where this company is located. Had quite a few friends work there over the years since the IT community is quite small here. This is an absolutely awful company. All the gear is extremely over-priced. They are also pretty brutal on their employees since they mainly hire entry level ($9.50-11.00/h) people.

1 friend was let go for asking for a raise (worked there for 2 years)
Another was let go for asking for some time off for his wife's baby was born (1099 worker, contract canceled)

For what it is worth and the last I have heard, they are still assembling their "Servers" with Jetway components....

Status
Not open for further replies.