CYBORG V.7 Keyboard Not Working Please help!!

antrom1818

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
I bought a Cyborg Keyboard/Cyborg V.7 Keyboard a while back to use with my desktop. It has worked fine for a few months...until today. I turned on my desktop to find that NO key input showed up. The key backlight was on, however I checked all USB ports anyway. Nothing wrong there.Then I tried to update drivers. While using the Saitek SST software to reinstall all software/drivers related to the keyboard, the window comes up and says "Plug in devices that you want to update" or something like that. I unplug and replug the keyboard in all USB ports and nothing shows up in the box. I cant get new drivers and even then I dont think that is the problem! No key when pressed inputs the letter into the computer. HELP!!!!

flybynight007

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Your problem is the driver.
In short, you need to find the keyboard (unknown device) under Device Manager / Keyboards.
Change it to Standard Microsoft Keyboard.
To do so, choose re-install driver, and MANUALLY select the hardware.
Manufacturer = Microsoft
Device = Basic 101 keyboard.
Once installed, your MadCatz V7 becomes responsive.

Reboot the PC, this time using a *plain vanilla* 101 keyboard.
DO NOT CONNECT the Madcatz yet.
Download and run the MadCatz install for Windows 8.
You will be prompted to connect the keyboard.
Now and only now is the time to conenct the MadCatz.
After the keyboard is connected, driver install proceeds normally and your MadCatz is working as expected.
Good luck!

TomHashNL

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

This is my solution! Im so happy right now!
Thanks a whole bunch =).

Just start the Device Manager, Press update driver on all the Unknown/Saitek/HID device thingies with a yellow mark on them!
Then choose, manually select driver, then choose from list, then choose all and pick the system/or standard keyboard drivers at the top of the list, I chose HID input thingy for some if I couldnt select the HID keyboard. Did this for all, and then the Next button became available =D.

Awesome!

karson

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
The easiest way to resolve the issue is to plug the device back into the original USB port that you had it working on. Alternatively, this fix should sort you out.

With the keyboard plugged in (and not responding) go to Control Panel > System > Device Manager.

You should see two entries for the keyboard accompanied by exclamation marks in the Human Interface section.

Right click one of the entries and select Update Driver, then select browse my computer for driver software.

Select 'Let me pick from a list...' From the list you are presented with, select either USB-Human Interface Device or HID-compliant device and click next. Repeat for the other entry and the computer should now see your keyboard as a basic USB keyboard. This will allow you to reinstall the Saitek driver for the board.

It worked to me!

crisvsv

Reputable
Dec 31, 2015
still not working :(
Your problem is the driver.
In short, you need to find the keyboard (unknown device) under Device Manager / Keyboards.
Change it to Standard Microsoft Keyboard.
To do so, choose re-install driver, and MANUALLY select the hardware.
Manufacturer = Microsoft
Device = Basic 101 keyboard.

defective-detective

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
flybynight007's solution applied to Windows 10.

Right click on your board and select "Update Driver Software".
Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
Select "HID computer device".
Click next.
Disconnect usb cables on your MadCatz key board.

Reboot the PC.
DO NOT CONNECT the Madcatz yet.
Download and run the MadCatz install for Windows 10.
You will be prompted to connect the keyboard.
Now and only now is the time to conenct the MadCatz.
After the keyboard is connected, driver install proceeds normally and your MadCatz is working as expected.
Good luck!

Thank you flybynight007 you saved what few hairs I have on my head.

Charles_109

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
My Mad Catz v.7 keyboard stopped responding under Windows 10, although it had been fine. Just another "helpful" update from Microsoft, I guess. Anyway, flybynight007 has saved me, too. Thanks, mate.

msimons080

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Ok, I thought I'd help out with an easy to understand tutorial with pictures :) I'm using Windows 7 but it should be the same for windows vista and 8.

First you need the auto-profiler v3.2.3. You can get it here.
http://

Second you will need the drivers and software found here.
http://

Now open your device manager and uninstall the drivers by right clicking on the bottom HID Keyboard Device listed.
Uninstall.jpg

Then install the drivers and software.

Install.jpg

Now your device should be shown in the auto-profiler

Devices.jpg

Now we need to place a profile in the profile folder here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\SmartTechnology\Profiles
To make a profile open Wordpad and paste in this:

[profile='Auto' version=0x00000003
[controllers
[controller=5c6c51f1-9884-4166-b06e-5bb174f169ae group=Keyboard
[member=18d74164-8b1d-4ddd-b9ce-28239d1c8dc9 name=Cyborg shortname=Cyborg]
[controls]
]

Then save it as Auto.pr0 (this will make a blank profile that will do nothing. You can make a profile for a game and delete this later)

Now you should be able to see this:
Auto-_Profile_Working.jpg

You should be all good to go :)