Cyclic Redundancy Check error (unknown disk)

Oct 19, 2018
So my ssd disk is not working when i start up disk managment it says "initilize disk" after trying to initilize disk to mbr an error displaying "DataError Cyclic Redundancy Check" shows. Worth to know the disk already shows as "unknown".
Anyone know how to format the drive?

kanewolf

Titan
It sounds like your SSD has a problem. The simplest thing would be to use a different SATA cable and if that doesn't fix it, also try a different SATA port on the motherboard. Get the manufacturer's diagnostic software and check the SSD with that also.

mgallo848

Commendable
DataError Cyclic Redundancy Check is usually something you see when either the CD-rom, mechanical hard drive or an actual disk has gone bad. Over the years I've seen this issue when I've tried troubleshooting PC's for others but never saw this error for an SSD.

Try unplugging any mechanical hard drives and CD rooms and see if the same error occurs

Oct 19, 2018

Forgot to mention that iv'e checked with multiple cables and SATA ports on the motherboard, the only thing it leads to is me being stuck in the bios startup image, not being able to press anything. (works when the SSD is not connected).

So i connected the SSD to a docking station and the docking station to a windows laptop, and it still shows the same error, it's listed as unknown disk.
Also tested on a MacBook where the MacBook is not able to "initilize" or mount the disk also tried force formating in terminal which didn't work. Also tried formating to ExFat using Disk Utility on the Mac.

For now i'm just testing "everything" no luck so far. :/

I'll check with kingston if it exist.
Thank you! :)