[SOLVED] D: drive disappeared, doesn't appear in BIOS or Device/Disk Manager

Dec 15, 2021
So everything was normal until yesterday when I booted up my computer and what to my wondering eyes should appear, not my D: drive that's for sure. It had just vanished and I can't open anything referencing something on it. It's a Seagate Firecuda 2TB (ST2000LX001), had it for around 2 years. I did all the things that are supposed to fix it, such as trying to locate it in Device Manager, Disk Management, BIOS, restoring to a restore point, installing all new windows updates, updating drivers, etc. I even tried unplugging the SATA cord from both sides and plugging it back in. Nothing works and it appears nowhere.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Looks like no power or data getting through from the hdd for motherboard to detect it. Which sata cord did you replug? Both? If both, try another sata data port/ different sata power cable. If nothing, try different drive connected to same cables and ports the Firecuda used. If you can determine what works and where then you can decide if hdd is faulty or something else.

Dec 15, 2021
Looks like no power or data getting through from the hdd for motherboard to detect it. Which sata cord did you replug? Both? If both, try another sata data port/ different sata power cable. If nothing, try different drive connected to same cables and ports the Firecuda used. If you can determine what works and where then you can decide if hdd is faulty or something else.
Thanks for the help
I have now tried plugging it into a different SATA port, reconnecting the power cable, and using a different power cable, still nothing.

Dec 15, 2021
Also ever since the drive disappeared, my computer stays on this screen that looks similar to the command prompt, black with a blinking white underscore in the upper left corner, for a minute or two before resuming normal startup, I'm not sure if that has to do with it or not.