[SOLVED] D Drive dissapeared

Jul 4, 2021
I was using chrome suddenly my asus laptop shut down itself automatically after starting it I found that D Drive is missing. I tried using disk management but drive wasn't there. Any help is appreciated. I don't want to lose my data.

Solution
You could try restarting but it could be the hard drive stopped working and caused the restart.

you could look in event viewer
custom views
admin events
look at the events just before the crash. event 41 happens after the restart, so look before it. might indicate if hdd was cause.

might need to take hdd out and see if you can access it from another pc in a caddy

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
I was using chrome suddenly my asus laptop shut down itself automatically after starting it I found that D Drive is missing. I tried using disk management but drive wasn't there. Any help is appreciated. I don't want to lose my data.
What was in the D drive? As in, what type of drive was it? If it's just a USB drive, try unplugging it and plugging it back in.

Jul 4, 2021
I have attached the screenshot of disk management.
RJ9boBc.png

Colif

Win 11 Master
You could try restarting but it could be the hard drive stopped working and caused the restart.

you could look in event viewer
custom views
admin events
look at the events just before the crash. event 41 happens after the restart, so look before it. might indicate if hdd was cause.

might need to take hdd out and see if you can access it from another pc in a caddy

Solution

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
I'm very sorry, but it appears as though your hard disk has failed.
Try moving it to another SATA port.
If this doesn't work, then buy a new drive. If you had valuable data that wasn't backed up on it, you might want to call a recovery center, although they're stupidly overpriced.