D-Link Improving Router Security with DNSSEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Good to see consumer networking products making these advances. Hopefully this will push other vendors to implement more security features as well.

Competition is a good thing...

G

wow... "DNSSEC was revealed last month by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) during Black Hat 2010. The system was designed to beef up Internet security by virtually stamping email and web pages so that its authenticity can be verified."

I don't know where to start on the errors here, so I won't. If you are actually interested in what DNSSEC is and how it works, check out www.dnssec-deployment.org

Anyway, I'll be very interested in what D-Link is actually doing with DNSSEC. If they are doing validation in their end-point devices, it's going to force some providers to really work on their infrastructure to make any of this sales hype actually do any good for the consumer.

Doing a search for "DNSSEC" on D-Link's web site provides a single page (this press release).

G

D-link routers already have a much better security feature: they lock up at random intervals rendering them unusable by all potential hackers. That's pretty solid security!

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]So will existing routers get a software update?[/citation]
I've set my DIR-655 and DLG-4500 on auto update but I didn't get any; even if I click the check now tab...

So you'll probably need to download the firmware like I did.

http://www.dlink.ca/support/products/

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS