D-Link Ships Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

beppomarx

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]So sick of the cloud catch phrase....What, "Internet" or "Internet Storage" wasn't good enough?[/citation]

Because storing and sharing files from my router to my Samsung bd player through dlna over the ac connection signifies the use of 'internet?' I get what you're saying, everyone is on this lame 'cloud' kick and I am sick of hearing it every 5 seconds but this device does exactly that. I am actually looking for this, although I would prefer to have a few drives attached in a raid array and I am not sure that will be cost effective to run through USB, at that point I might as well just get a NAS anyway and use the lan.

Hupiscratch

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
[citation][nom]matthelm[/nom]How does wireless air conditioning (AC) work?[/citation]
It´s cool your ambient without using wires. Now seriously, is this ac standard finished or this router is one of those "draft-ac"?

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
D-link and Toms are listing it as USB 3.0. Newegg is listing it as USB 2.0. The USB port looks black, does not have the blue that USB 3.0 ports tend to have. That said, which is it, USB 3.0 or USB 2.0?

genz

Distinguished

No, but it does not signify the use of the cloud either. Cloud is distributed processing and virtualisation. That's why it used to make sense, a single OS desktop would pop up for the end user representing hundreds or thousands of distributed processing computers. Windows Azure, Amazon AWS, hell Facebook and Google all had their own 'Clouds' of computers.

This, on the other hand, is like Intel naming their GPU's Intel HD Graphics when they can barely play chess in HD let alone a real game.

Status
Not open for further replies.