[SOLVED] daily bsod on startup

Dec 11, 2020
Hello all. I have a problem with my system and i will try to explain it with my little bit english.
I updated my ram and gpu then i made a clean windows 10 install.After this day i started to get daily bsod on first startup of the day.After reboot i can use my pc all the day with no problem even if i restart my computer.But next day morning i get bsod again.
I did memtest86 while xmp was enabled and there was no error.My drivers are updated.
I tried to off fast boot but it didnt help
My pc:Ryzen 3700x
Msi B450 tomahawk max
G skill ripjaws V 32 gb 3600mhz (2x16)
Zotac 3060ti twin edge
Samsung 850evo 250gb
800 watt thermaltake psu
dmp files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Dh4Vs35Di1pC6BM3--QpRklPq1yGHsSh?usp=sharing
memtest result: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ewluQh-iw0N633udhWD9X8tBd4Jna-SZ?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Solution
john needs these at the very least
C:\Users\burak\Desktop\Minidump
  1. copy the files here to documents
  2. upload the copies from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
the reports from who crashed almost always blame ntoskrnl as it is what crashed, but its just the victim, not the cause.
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause
my ram is not in compability list.
that is all it takes to get memory errors. You are better off returning ram and getting sticks that are on that listing. If you still get errors...
boot into bios and reset the bios to defaults, configure your memory
then reboot into bios again and see if the system will stay in bios for over 1 minute.

if you do, then try to boot into windows and try to get into windows control panel power management and tell the system to run in high performance mode.
see if you can keep windows alive for more than 1 minute.

if you can, then I would try to install these drivers for your cpu from this location.
AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

reboot and see if you can keep the system alive.

if you can not keep the system alive for 1 minute, reflash your BIOS again (if the system is stable when you are on the bios screen)
(you might find a older bios version works better than the newer one)

your cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
this is a X version cpu, these use 32% more power than the non X versions.
(bios could be setting voltages too low for your cpu, or there is some bug/issue with the CPU and Chipset)

I think AMD is coming out with bios Updates for 400 series motherboards sometime in january 2021
but maybe the driver update from amd will have a partial fix or workaround.

12: kd> !sysinfo smbios
12: kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.8, DMIVersion 0, Size=2527]
BiosMajorRelease = 5
BiosMinorRelease = 17
BiosVendor = American Megatrends Inc.
BiosVersion = 3.90
BiosReleaseDate = 11/30/2020
SystemManufacturer = Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
SystemProductName = MS-7C02
SystemFamily = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemVersion = 1.0
SystemSKU = To be filled by O.E.M.
BaseBoardManufacturer = Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
BaseBoardProduct = B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02)
BaseBoardVersion = 1.0
12: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3600
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
Update Status = REG_DWORD 1
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD

Last edited:
Reactions: lanion
if you can boot windows, try the windows update in the hopes that this file is updated:
\SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll

if you are able to run the amd driver setup then the microsoft version of this file should not load.

all of the bugchecks looked like problems in the CPU.
you might try to underclock the CPU to see if that helps.
most of the bugchecks happen in under 30 seconds of the system booting up. Not much time to do fixes.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020
if you can boot windows, try the windows update in the hopes that this file is updated:
\SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll

if you are able to run the amd driver setup then the microsoft version of this file should not load.

all of the bugchecks looked like problems in the CPU.
you might try to underclock the CPU to see if that helps.
most of the bugchecks happen in under 30 seconds of the system booting up. Not much time to do fixes.
my cpu auto overclocks. I dont know how to set off it.But i was using my cpu with my old gpu and ram with no bsod
And i can use my computer normally after the first startup with bsod the day , i can play game ,restart computer , i can do everything till the next day.

Dec 11, 2020
i will try
boot into bios and reset the bios to defaults, configure your memory
then reboot into bios again and see if the system will stay in bios for over 1 minute.

if you do, then try to boot into windows and try to get into windows control panel power management and tell the system to run in high performance mode.
see if you can keep windows alive for more than 1 minute.

if you can, then I would try to install these drivers for your cpu from this location.
AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

reboot and see if you can keep the system alive.

if you can not keep the system alive for 1 minute, reflash your BIOS again (if the system is stable when you are on the bios screen)
(you might find a older bios version works better than the newer one)

your cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
this is a X version cpu, these use 32% more power than the non X versions.
(bios could be setting voltages too low for your cpu, or there is some bug/issue with the CPU and Chipset)

I think AMD is coming out with bios Updates for 400 series motherboards sometime in january 2021
but maybe the driver update from amd will have a partial fix or workaround.

12: kd> !sysinfo smbios
12: kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.8, DMIVersion 0, Size=2527]
BiosMajorRelease = 5
BiosMinorRelease = 17
BiosVendor = American Megatrends Inc.
BiosVersion = 3.90
BiosReleaseDate = 11/30/2020
SystemManufacturer = Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
SystemProductName = MS-7C02
SystemFamily = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemVersion = 1.0
SystemSKU = To be filled by O.E.M.
BaseBoardManufacturer = Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
BaseBoardProduct = B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02)
BaseBoardVersion = 1.0
12: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3600
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
Update Status = REG_DWORD 1
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD
i will try and feedback here .thank you for your advices
i saw some advices in other forums like ''dont use xmp try to oc ram manual'' any idea ?

i will try

i will try and feedback here .thank you for your advices
i saw some advices in other forums like ''dont use xmp try to oc ram manual'' any idea ?
I think not trying to overclock the ram might help but only as a side effect to the real cause. I think that underclocking your cpu is more likely to help.

the system was reporting memory bit errors, these more likely came from cache ram inside of the CPU. These would be effected by bios settings, generally going to defaults is the best bet UNLESS the defaults are wrong.

if your system works fine for a day, then you do a complete shutdown until the next day.
And at the start of the next day you get a bugcheck within 2 minutes. And then it works correctly for the rest of the day. It would make the problem a bit more interesting because you would be looking at a cold related issue. cold electronics have different timings than warm electronics. Also you can have connections that contract when cold and reconnect when warm. (these are harder to find)

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
I bought a b550 tomahawk with 3700x. I also get bsod everytime i boot my pc. After closing and starting again i can most of the times use it all day. I also get bsod while trying to update windows or allow windows to do something. Decided to do a clean windows install and i get bsod when trying to install windows... Gonna send my motherboard for RMA. I also can't use xmp profiles on my b550 tomahawk it doesn't boot.

Dec 11, 2020
I bought a b550 tomahawk with 3700x. I also get bsod everytime i boot my pc. After closing and starting again i can most of the times use it all day. I also get bsod while trying to update windows or allow windows to do something. Decided to do a clean windows install and i get bsod when trying to install windows... Gonna send my motherboard for RMA. I also can't use xmp profiles on my b550 tomahawk it doesn't boot.
which ram you are using (ram serial number?) and is it in compability list for your motherboard ?

Dec 11, 2020
old ssd or hdd with bad sector ?
did u tried all cables wiring are secure ? you can try to replace things on motherboard .Some issues solved with this

Dec 11, 2020
Help pls i get this via whocrashed @johnbl
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Sun 13.12.2020 14:24:46 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0xFDB8)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0x1, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFCA0B3C3B5340, 0xFFFF843FFA828000)
Error: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 13.12.2020 14:24:46 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Users\burak\Desktop\Minidump\121320-5968-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5780)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0x1, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFCA0B3C3B5340, 0xFFFF843FFA828000)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 12.12.2020 17:17:06 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121220-6671-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (0xFFFFF80310604A1E)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80310604A1E, 0xFFFF950E51BEF8E0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® İşletim Sistemi
description: Microsoft Dosya Sistemi Filtre Yöneticisi
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Fri 11.12.2020 11:50:50 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Users\burak\Desktop\Minidump\121120-5734-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8035AFEDB9F, 0xFFFFFA86173E6050, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Fri 11.12.2020 11:50:04 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Users\burak\Desktop\Minidump\121120-6375-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xE900000000, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8036D665892)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

On Thu 10.12.2020 14:00:12 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Users\burak\Desktop\Minidump\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFFF43FFF0D6380, 0x2000000000, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. A corrupted PTE has been detected.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

On Thu 10.12.2020 14:00:12 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Users\burak\Desktop\Minidump\121020-5578-01.dmp
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. A corrupted PTE has been detected.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

On Thu 10.12.2020 13:58:31 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Users\burak\Desktop\Minidump\121020-8390-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF3DDC0602FE0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8021AC4D0D4, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

On Wed 9.12.2020 13:50:32 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Users\burak\Desktop\Minidump\120920-9453-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF801290E55C4, 0xFFFFFB0FCE101E38, 0xFFFFFB0FCE101670)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupted:
C:\Users\burak\Desktop\Minidump\121320-6687-01.dmp

Conclusion

On your computer a total of 12 crash dumps have been found. Only 10 have been analyzed. Only 9 are included in this report. If dump files are found and they could not be analuzed, it means they are corrupted. Because crash dumps are an emergency measure it is not uncommon for this to happen, however often it points to a problem in the storage stack. It is suggested that you run CHKDSK on your system drive to check your drive for errors.
A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

hardware.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems

normally I look at the actual memory dump files using the windows debugger. But I can look at this info from your data:
all of the crashes involve bad memory addresses being used by drivers.
- these can be due to overclocking software in bios or via overclocking tool.
(reset the BIOS to defaults or update bios , and remove any overclocking tool used for gpu or CPU)
- this can happen if you have bad RAM, (system writes one value to memory but reads a different value back)
test with memtest tool if you have not already done so.
  • one driver can write over another drivers memory. (less likely in this case)
  • bios may be applying incorrect voltages and clock rates to your cpu. You would update the bios to the current version to try to fix this.
overall, i think some bios setting is just wrong and you might get a bios update in January that will fix the problem.
You might be able to get better idea from people that tweak around with AMD CPUs and BIOS settings.
Most likely the problem is going to be a timing issue in the electronics of the chipset or CPU.

Your memory addresses look valid but are not valid. most likely a address is being corrupted because the setup and hold time for the electronics is wrong. IE the data is read before the electronics have stabilized its values. if the problem is in the ram, generally memtest will hit it. if the problem is in the cpu, generally a cpu stress test might find the error. (but not the fix)

--------------
here are the bugcheck codes you have shown:

error 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005 access violation (bad memory address used)

-----------
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (0xFFFFF80310604A1E)
error code 0xC0000005 this is also a access violation (can not access the memory location)

----------------

another access violation
--------
attempt to access a location in violation of driver design rules
address 0xE900000000 is most likely bogus/ bug in a driver

------------

-------------
error code 0x41792 A corrupted PTE has been detected (bogus values)

------------

driver trying to read data from a memory location that currently was not loaded in RAM.
(violation of rules for drivers)
------------

Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF801290E55C4, 0xFFFFFB0FCE101E38, 0xFFFFFB0FCE101670)

0xFFFFFFFFC0000005= access violation (bad memory address used)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020
normally I look at the actual memory dump files using the windows debugger. But I can look at this info from your data:
all of the crashes involve bad memory addresses being used by drivers.
- these can be due to overclocking software in bios or via overclocking tool.
(reset the BIOS to defaults or update bios , and remove any overclocking tool used for gpu or CPU)
- this can happen if you have bad RAM, (system writes one value to memory but reads a different value back)
test with memtest tool if you have not already done so.
  • one driver can write over another drivers memory. (less likely in this case)
  • bios may be applying incorrect voltages and clock rates to your cpu. You would update the bios to the current version to try to fix this.
overall, i think some bios setting is just wrong and you might get a bios update in January that will fix the problem.
You might be able to get better idea from people that tweak around with AMD CPUs and BIOS settings.
Most likely the problem is going to be a timing issue in the electronics of the chipset or CPU.

Your memory addresses look valid but are not valid. most likely a address is being corrupted because the setup and hold time for the electronics is wrong. IE the data is read before the electronics have stabilized its values. if the problem is in the ram, generally memtest will hit it. if the problem is in the cpu, generally a cpu stress test might find the error. (but not the fix)

--------------
here are the bugcheck codes you have shown:

error 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005 access violation (bad memory address used)

-----------
error code 0xC0000005 this is also a access violation (can not access the memory location)

----------------

another access violation
--------
attempt to access a location in violation of driver design rules
address 0xE900000000 is most likely bogus/ bug in a driver

------------

-------------
error code 0x41792 A corrupted PTE has been detected (bogus values)

------------

driver trying to read data from a memory location that currently was not loaded in RAM.
(violation of rules for drivers)
------------

0xFFFFFFFFC0000005= access violation (bad memory address used)

i updated bios and my bios is now on default settings.İ have only xmp enabled.if i disable xmp my rams will work 2333mhz.And i dont know how to overclock ram.
i tested my rams while xmp enabled it didnt find any error

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
and i have this cpu till 3-4 months but i started get bsod after i changed ram and gpu
Than your answer is it's either ram or gpu. I started getting bsods when i changed mb and cpu. Just so you know that a faulty component doesn't give a specific bsod, it gives all kind of bsods. I'm sending my motherboard for RMA bc processor is second time new. Try using your pc without the GPU if possible and see if you'll get bsod. Because you said you did memtest your ram and had 0 errors.

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you give us the dump files each time so John doesn't have to guess based on error codes.

Is your ram on the compatibility listing for the motherboard/CPU combo.
click on compatibility on left here and then on Memory for RX 3000 - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX

even if ram shows 0 errors in Memtest, if it wasn't tested for the board, that could be all you need to not work right. Ryzen is pretty picky about ram.
I only commented as op asked me to look.

Dec 11, 2020
can you give us the dump files each time so John doesn't have to guess based on error codes.

Is your ram on the compatibility listing for the motherboard/CPU combo.
click on compatibility on left here and then on Memory for RX 3000 - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX

even if ram shows 0 errors in Memtest, if it wasn't tested for the board, that could be all you need to not work right. Ryzen is pretty picky about ram.
I only commented as op asked me to look.
Yesterday i installed windows 10 again but this morning i get 3 bsod (system service exception, kernel security check failure and page fault in nonpaged area)

Dec 11, 2020
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump
C:\Users\burak\Desktop

On Mon 14.12.2020 12:46:31 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x1FD556)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF815A934F90D0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000F688E89, 0x2)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® İşletim Sistemi
description: NT Dosya Sistemi Sürücüsü
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Mon 14.12.2020 12:46:31 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Users\burak\Desktop\121420-7843-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF815A934F90D0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000F688E89, 0x2)

The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupted:
C:\Users\burak\Desktop\121420-7968-01.dmp

Conclusion

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 2 are included in this report. If dump files are found and they could not be analuzed, it means they are corrupted. Because crash dumps are an emergency measure it is not uncommon for this to happen, however often it points to a problem in the storage stack. It is suggested that you run CHKDSK on your system drive to check your drive for errors.
No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
john needs these at the very least
  1. copy the files here to documents
  2. upload the copies from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
the reports from who crashed almost always blame ntoskrnl as it is what crashed, but its just the victim, not the cause.
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause
that is all it takes to get memory errors. You are better off returning ram and getting sticks that are on that listing. If you still get errors then, we can't blame the ram.

Solution