Question Daisy chaining extension leads to increase length

Oct 13, 2019
Hi,
I currently have a 4 socket extension lead which is plenty long enough but doesn’t have enough sockets. I was thinking of getting a 10 socket one but is only 2m so could do with being a bit longer. Would it be safe to plug the 10 socket into the 4 socket purely just to increase the length, I won’t be using any other socket on the 4 socket lead.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,
I currently have a 4 socket extension lead which is plenty long enough but doesn’t have enough sockets. I was thinking of getting a 10 socket one but is only 2m so could do with being a bit longer. Would it be safe to plug the 10 socket into the 4 socket purely just to increase the length, I won’t be using any other socket on the 4 socket lead.
I would not recommend what you describe. The wire size of the 4 plug unit may be smaller than the cord on the 10 plug unit. If you must, get an extension cord which is the same or larger (smaller gauge number) wire as the cord on the 10 plug unit.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Think what he means is using this one in the wallsocket,

images

and plugging this into it,

images

should in my opinion be okay if decent quality and only using on of the sockets on the 4 socket extension.