[SOLVED] Damaged PCI-e slot during shipping. Now computer won't turn on.

Aug 15, 2020
Greetings,

I purchased a pre-built computer and when it came in, the graphics card was dislodged from the motherboard and the PCI-e was ripped out. The computer now does not turn on. Is there any hope? I have tried to jump start from motherboard and made sure that all power pins were securely plugged in. The graphics card itself was not damaged (at least the pins and from the outside).

Solution
It was purchased off of EBAY and I did not purchase insurance. Returning it will of course be the last resort but I would like to remedy the issue if possible.

There is another PCI-e slot on the ATX motherboard thankfully. But even with the graphics card unplugged and power in, the fans and lights on the computer case/cooling will not turn on. Any ideas as to why?
A "fix" would be a new motherboard.
That one is totally broken.
Aug 15, 2020
Why are you not simply sending it back for a refund or replacement?

You can't "fix" a PCIe slot that got ripped out.
It was purchased off of EBAY and I did not purchase insurance. Returning it will of course be the last resort but I would like to remedy the issue if possible.

There is another PCI-e slot on the ATX motherboard thankfully. But even with the graphics card unplugged and power in, the fans and lights on the computer case/cooling will not turn on. Any ideas as to why?

USAFRet

Titan

A "fix" would be a new motherboard.
That one is totally broken.

Reactions: ssbaraskar99
Solution