DangerDen's New Colored Q20 Cases Look Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcghee358

Distinguished
I'm not very fond of the single 5.25" bay, and the fact you can only have 2 3.5" HDDs. Honestly, for $269 it's functionality is trash. But I guess it's more about looks. But to me, it looks cheap.

Also considering the materials are significantly cheaper than steel, for $269 this seems really inflated.

pinkfloydminnesota

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Agree with top post way too expensive. I'll spend close to a hundred for a case but no more, I'm an idiot if I do when great looking (simple black, functinonal) ones can be had for under $50.

tecmo34

Administrator
Here are the specs...
- Size: 20.75" Tall x 7.3" Wide x 18.2" Deep
- Several color options available
- Motherboard – Standard ATX
- Supports ATX PSU
- 4 x 3.5” Internal Drives
- 3 x SSD Drives
- Up to 2 x 5.25” Optical Drive Bay
- Supports one radiator (radiator size based on configuration)
Up to 3 x 140mm
- Up to 3 x 140mm Case Fans for the Radiators
- Compatible With Some Aftermarket Air Coolers - approx 5.5" (14cm) clearance
- Strong and Durable Acrylic construction

If you review the gallery on their website, you can see the second 5.25" drive bay below the other one pictured.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
cool coloring ideas but I thought that the whole window thing was waning let alone the acrylic case fad. I bought a broadway com corp r900 case for 60 bucks with shipping... its a dual power supply full tower case. The only I issue I had with it was that I had to take off the 120mm side fan to put in my TRUE rt1366 heatsink.

http://www.bccpc.com/bccpc/R900.htm

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
VERY fond of the idea of BTX format, I prefer my tower on the desk on the left hand side and they always stick the window on the left so you cant see it. I have an Aerocool Baydream, so the window is on the right, but I just put an ATX board in it and it sits upside down, OK so that's cheating but it does the same job and gives me all cooling and viewing benefits.

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
As already mentioned, over priced. 4 hard drives and 2 bays, (blah blah SSD), not hardly enough space. I will stick with MM's thank you very much. Where I can get cases with very low limitations and high customization. This is pretty weak.

kastraelie

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
[citation][nom]cmcghee358[/nom]I'm not very fond of the single 5.25" bay, and the fact you can only have 2 3.5" HDDs. Honestly, for $269 it's functionality is trash. But I guess it's more about looks. But to me, it looks cheap.Also considering the materials are significantly cheaper than steel, for $269 this seems really inflated.[/citation]

I'm sorry sir, but as someone who works with Acrylic for a living, I happen to know you are drastically mistaken. Cell-cast acrylic (not the extruded junk used in cheap sunbeam cases of old) is very expensive. Please look up what the costs of 3/8ths inch thick cell-cast acrylic is and compare to .85mm steel.

kastraelie

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]$270 for something I could literally build myself for 30 bucks in materials and a week of building, even without specialty and machine tools? No thanks. Danger Den has always made gaudy overpriced crap that doesn't stack up to it's competition in any way. More useless junk that no one in their right mind will buy.[/citation]

Its understandable that your tastes are not in alignment with what DD has to offer, plus you may prefer cheap but functional cases to house your components. However it is quite unfair to make ignorant comments maligning the materials and skill it takes to work with them. You could not buy a single 3/8" cell-cast acrylic panel for 30 dollars, let alone the 4 it takes to make a system. As far as not needing special tools, you will find if you work with it in the future it is much more tricky than working with thin steel. It cuts on the table saw very well, but past that being able to use a dremel and file is much simpler than working with cell-cast acrylic.

You might be getting confused with extruded acrylic, like the junky stuff manufacturers use in their case windows, or that Sunbeam made their old case out of. That is just another cheap plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.