Dark Base Pro 900 fan hub problem

Nerlax

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I've recently bought new case and connected it to z170 pro gaming. The hub is powered by SATA cable and I've connected it to CHA_3. In manual it is sayed that "if you want to control it via BIOS you need to connect it to motherboard (common sense) and disconnect it to control via front panel. The thing is I've connected it to mobo (so I cant control it with panel) but bios and "asus fan xpert" dont recognize fan header at all.

Nerlax

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I found the solution. If anyone encounter problem with hub+asus pwm control via AI Suite-> Try connecting any fan in first slot of hub, I did it today and it started to recognise fan RPM; it became controlable.

Cheers

mch_zh

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Same problem with asus maximusv III and Dark base pro 900.
On the hub I have slot 1-4 (3 pin) and 5-8 (4pin). Can't figure it out how to connect.

For MoBo control you would set the slider on the front panel to the left, right?

NickMsiGaming

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016

If you want both the hub and motherboard to work,then slide the controller fully left or fully right for full speed operation,and for motherboard control,slide it anywhere in the middle (so the little slider isn't touching the plastic that it hits for full fan speed)

-(Correction after 5 seconds of messing around with the little slider) fully left full speed,fully right full speed,and towards the right the fan speed increases,and towards the left the fan speed decreases,and just before the slider hits the plastic,that's PWM mode (motherboard control).I am using a Z270X Aorus Gaming K5.