Dark Rock 4 pro high temps

cvora79

Commendable
Dec 7, 2017
I recently replaced my Cryorig H7 with Dark Rock 4 pro, and i have issues with temps. I expected lower temps but reality is opposite. I have lower temps with H7 wich is lower tier cooler. Anyone have same problems with DRP4? I tried to reinstall cooler 2 times and applied Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, but have same temp readings.

Can you check the fan speed in ur dark rock pro 4?
U still have fresh ambient air blowing for the cooler from the front of the case I presume?

Mostly temp issues arise if the cold plate of the cooler is not placed properly on the cpu ihs. Even a 1mm gap across the corner WILL affect the Temps.

cvora79

Commendable
Dec 7, 2017
I set fan curve about 35% to 70% from 25c to 60c....same fan curve i had on H7.... Maybe i didnt mount it properly cause cooler have that odd mounting bar... Im little bit disappointed by performance of DRP4

cvora79

Commendable
Dec 7, 2017
I reinstalled DRP4 and it sits perfectly on cpu, bit temps still higher then H7. I have TT suppressor f31 with 3x140 intake, and 2x140 exhaust fans... Airflow is perfect when i put hand inside case its breeze....

From the reviews I read, the new fan for the dark rock pro 4 maxs out at 1500 rpm if I am not wrong. That's on the lower side to have reduced Temps. But still it should easily outperform h7

If you still have the H7, can you check that out and isolate/narrow down the problem?