Question Dark Rock 4 ram clearance

Flores Valdez

Commendable
Feb 27, 2019
I have been wanting to get a Dark Rock 4 ( the non pro version), would that be able to fit when I have corsair vengeance pro ram in slot b1 & b2. And would it be enough to cool a stock 8700k? Thanks

I have been wanting to get a Dark Rock 4 ( the non pro version), would that be able to fit when I have corsair vengeance pro ram in slot b1 & b2. And would it be enough to cool a stock 8700k? Thanks
It will cool the 8700K just fine.I've read that it can keep a stock 8700K on 60C while gaming,which is really good.
You wont get the advantages of dual channel if 2 sticks are right besides each other.
Either put the in A1 B1 or A2 B2 depending on your motherboard.
The cooler on the Dark Rock 4 is 23,15inches above the mounting plate.Measure the height of your ram and see if its lower than 23,15inches.If it is,then ur all good,if not,u need to raise the cooler a little bit.
Measurements

Flores Valdez

Commendable
Feb 27, 2019
I was just wondering if the cooler and fan only blocked the first ram slot because my corsair vengeance pros are 51mm tall. I have a set of 2x8 gb and put them in slot 2 and 4. I know that it won't fit over the ram but is it only blocking slot 1 or is it blocking more :)