dark scenes are too dark

Hisme

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
Hi,

I've just bought an LG monitor (24mp68vq) and I feel like the dark scenes are too dark. no detail.
here's some pics of the problem:
2yvkpdj.png

I've tried messing with the settings in Nvidia Control Panel and other settings including the in-game brightness n stuff, but the result wasn't desirable. everything just gets too bright. help me out, plss.

Solution
try turning the black level to "high" in your monitor settings, it is under the Picture adjust settings. If that doesn't work try turning up black stabilizer as well.

Hisme

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017

brightness from my monitor is already set to 100%. and increasing brightness in games makes it a bit better, but everything else gets too bright.

Hisme

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
my other games don't have as many dark scenes as RE does, but apart from that I'm wondering if details should be visible in dark scenes. I'm confused. I'll try installing some other games though to find out.

Desmond_A

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
try turning the black level to "high" in your monitor settings, it is under the Picture adjust settings. If that doesn't work try turning up black stabilizer as well.

Solution
Oct 13, 2018

Hi. i have the same issue on the 22 inch model . When i turn up the black level to high, the colors look washed out and the image sharpness itself takes a hit.Games look terrible with it set to high. Colors dont pop anymore.
Is there any other way of torching up the dark scenes without touching this black level?