'Darts VR' Is What You Think It Is; Available Now For Vive, Rift

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
I have a better idea: go to a pub with real friends and play darts for real. Then you can enjoy real fun and learn a real sporting skill. VR darts? It's as daft as FIFA gamers thinking they're expert soccer players. Yep, let's throw genuine social interaction out the window, just plug into a box.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Relax Mapesdhs. I enjoy playing Darts with my Buddy but he lives 4 hours away, we both own the Rift and this would be an enjoyable past time playing with the in game physics.

Playing "VR Darts" doesn't automatically mean you're an Anti-Social unskilled overconfident individual.

You have a very skewed view of the world kid. I say kid, because that comment shows your mental age quite well.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Wow, someone can't spot a mild trolling. :D

Your first line: yes, that's exactly what I wanted someone to say, so thanks for that (see below). I wanted someone to show that playing the game could itself be social, and you did. Good. 2nd line: I didn't imply that was the case, but I do think there's an element these days in which certain types of gaming may be discouraging some people from engaging in real-world activities, which isn't healthy. It's something worthy of discussion. 3rd line: an insult, not an argument. You know nothing about my view of the world, so I don't get the need to include an insult when your first line was already a good response.

I posted the above because every time toms does an article about Elite Dangerous, the first and majority of people to respond are those just deriding the game; thus I wanted to see how people would respond if I criticised VR Darts. I'm glad you pointed out that the game is capable of being a social thing, but disappointed you felt the need to resort to an insult. Funny thing is, in the past I have been directly accused of being a primary cause of creating anti-social gamers, because of my involvement with Doom (guess what my UID stands for); I was able to counter the accusation (which came from a school teacher in the US) without resorting to insults because I had facts and evidence to justify my response, even though the teacher's initial email was pretty nasty. So when it comes to acting like a kid, perhaps you should think about your own response and why you did it in that way (the last line I mean).

Ian.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
To the mods, there's something wrong with the, "Comment from the forums" link above, it fails with an endless loop of redirection between the .com and .co.uk sites.

Andr01d

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
Thanks guys for talking about our game :). Yes, it's not a good decision not to be on steam but there's some strange tax verification thing which is taking 3-4 weeks (Usually just 2 days) and sabotaged our plans to be on Steam in time. However, we'll be there soon and I'm sure you guys will know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.