data recovery from a Partially formatted drive.

braveson92

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Hi. i wanted to ask the community for help about a problem i m having. i accidentally formatted my d: drive, but as soon as i realized what i m doing i cancelled it. so the drive shows up as Raw Partition. Is there any way i can restore the previous file system without having to reformat the drive. i mean, i don't want the data to get deleted and i don't have enough space to store the recovered data on another drive, in case of a recovery software.
Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello braveson92,

Once you interrupt the formatting process of the drive, then its file system gets lost and turned into RAW form. To change the file system of the drive or partition, you need to format the whole drive and create a new volume. However, it will erase the whole drive data; so to prevent data loss issue, first use the data recovery software and then format the drive for reuse. Thanks!!

braveson92

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

my drive isn't completely formatted. so, isn't there any way i can just restore it to its previous state without deleting my data. i don't have enough free disk space to store the recovered data, if i use the recovery software.

Aruna_2

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Hello braveson92,

Once you interrupt the formatting process of the drive, then its file system gets lost and turned into RAW form. To change the file system of the drive or partition, you need to format the whole drive and create a new volume. However, it will erase the whole drive data; so to prevent data loss issue, first use the data recovery software and then format the drive for reuse. Thanks!!

Solution

braveson92

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

thanks Aruna_2. guess i would have to buy a Raw recovery software.