DayZ Developer Explains Standalone Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnh

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
The maps, despite the imprisonment of lead architect Chernarus map Ivan Buchta in Greece, have also been improved due to written correspondence.

Who says you can't work even if incarcerated? Joke aside, seems to me an espionage charge looks frivolous when you're allowing a suspect to correspond not with immediate family members mind you, but the company?

JJ1217

Honorable
Haha, I bought the War Z thinking it was the standalone Day Z thing. It was a terrible game, thank god that was the only time where Steam would give out refunds.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]JJ1217[/nom]Haha, I bought the War Z thinking it was the standalone Day Z thing. It was a terrible game, thank god that was the only time where Steam would give out refunds.[/citation]
not the only, but a rare exception none the less.

[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Is it just me or doesn't the typical "has been streamlined" mean dumbed down?[/citation]
you ever play dayz?if you want to talk about streamlining, lets say, mario, yea that's dumbing it down, you want to streamline.... cod, that again, is dumbing it down.

but dayz? its needlessly complex to the point that its difficult to do anything without intimate knowledge of every single button on the keyboard what it does, what menues are where, and how to get to them.

streamlineling a game like that inst dumbing it down, its taking the needless complexities out of the game in favor of better menus and a less stupid user interface.

now, lets tale something like world of warcraft, and disregard any of the combat and leveling crap, that game is just as complex as it needs to be for the game it is. now imagine wow, the same as it is now, but instead of an easy menu system, you had to navigate it only with the keyboard and minimal mouse gestures, and common options like auto attack where 4 buttons and 6 menus deep. thats how i see it. taking the needless crap out and making it easier to jump into and not so much of a trial by fire experience.

aeurix

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Dayz while not a polished game at all, was intense and thrilling when I played it. You know the game is not completely refined, but it has the hint of a new genre or at least a step in the direction of a new genre. The inventory system was one of the worst I've ever used, and even after a few months of playing it was painful to use... If they can keep the same elements that made it a success as a mod, I think it could be as popular as Counterstrike was for HL.

AndreT

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2012
I accidentally deleted a coyote backpack full of stuff once just because of how complicated the user interface is. It needs "streamlining" to avoid such accidents. I will happily wait for a more user friendly DayZ if they get it right.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
as long as they dont take away the ArmA's realism that was inherited by DayZ, I am all fine with waiting. DayZ truly can take some stream lining, you do not need the tactical order's menu or multi level menus since they are only for ArmA's use.

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Yeah they really need to fix the MANY bugs. Disappearing backpacks, zombie glitch hits, graphical glitches, magical back packs that can fit engines and other stuff that made the mod painful to play. I really don't care how long it takes but I want this crap polished to an actual playable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.