[SOLVED] DCOM error causing PC to freeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2021
Hello, for the past few weeks, my pc has been randomly freezing on and off with nothing prompting it to do so whatsoever. Recently, I started using event viewer to see what was going on. I found that when the PC freezes, 3 major things happen. These happen all the time in the same order and I have no idea how to fix this.

Qp1ZVZf.png

The DCOM error is as follows:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user DESKTOP-4NMACLN\user SID (S-1-5-21-228526802-130789272-4031470555-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The 15C20B67 APPID points to a service in component services called "PerAppRuntimeBroker", however the issue that has me stumped is the follow 2 errors.

The error event id 129 is:
Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

The error event id 153 is:
The IO operation at logical block address 0x138d68 for Disk 1 (PDO name: \Device\0000003c) was retried.

I have no clue exactly what I should do, sometimes the DCOM error is thrown in event viewer, and the events 129 and 153 stack on top of each other as such:
32YxqdT.png

I would appreciate any advice on this, as I have no clue where to go from here. I have never updated firmware on these and I am not exactly sure if I should.

Not that it is important, but I have these SSDs installed :

• ADATA SP550 (128GB)
  • Samsung SSD 850 EVO (500GB)
  • SanDisk SSD PLUS (1000GB)

Solved:

Did everything as suggested per colif's advice, I have also changed Ryzen Master to Auto Oc from "Default" and also turned on PBO in bios, I haven't done any registry edits. All that was done is used the SSD software for checks and firmware updates + chkdsk command. I am not exactly sure which one fixed it but I'd try these if you have this issue.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021
is the 128gb drive boot drive? i would think the IO operation was on C drive

try running this on drive - https://www.adata.com/us/support/consumer?tab=downloads

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/archive/blogs/ntdebugging/interpreting-event-153-errors

I actually don't use the 128Gb drive. By mistake, I installed OS on the 1tb drive and the other 2 drives are just used as secondary storage for programs / media whilst the 1tb drive is used for OS, main games + programs.

Jan 22, 2021

Turns out the 850 Evo isn't supported by the "diagnostic scan" so I couldn't check, though it does have "RAPID mode" disabled and "TRIM" enabled. Samsung magician is also latest version and the firmware of the 850 Evo is also the latest.

The other 2 drives have latest firmware as well, quick scans showed nothing so I am doing full diagnostic scans which may take a whilst, I'll update this thread as soon as they are done.

Jan 22, 2021
could try running chkdsk on all the drives as well.

Diagnostic scans running on all data, i used the built-in "check disk" in explorer -> drive -> properties -> check but that didn't seem to do the trick. Running chkdsk overnight. Diagnostic scans will run from SSD software after chkdsk finishes

I see people in other articles suggesting editing the registry, shall this be left for last as it could mess up my PC or not ?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021
i wouldn't touch registry unless you absolutely need to. I find you can solve most problems without ever touching it.
Yep, i don't really like touching the registry if at all possible hence why I looked here first for some possible things I can do before jumping all the way to the last resort option.

Jan 22, 2021
Yea it happens more often when i play games for some reason, It did happen before when I had PBO and OC off.

It still says "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued." but DCOM does come before it. However, sometimes it happens without DCOM.
ctW4cZ0.png

Colif

Win 11 Master
so you checked all 3 drives are okay?

not sure why its talking about raid

• ADATA SP550 (128GB)
  • Samsung SSD 850 EVO (500GB)
  • SanDisk SSD PLUS (1000GB)

fixes for the raid port error
fix 1

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files.
Re run SFC again after the 2nd command if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

fix 2
open cmd (with admin rights)
type chkdsk X: /f and press enter (Note: Replace X with drive letter of drive you testing)
2 paragraphs will pop up on C: when you go to scan it, agree to run it at startup (can't run chkdsk on C while its running windows)

that covers the 1st two fixes on here - https://windowsreport.com/fix-reset-to-device-raidport0/

Jan 22, 2021
so you checked all 3 drives are okay?

not sure why its talking about raid

fixes for the raid port error
fix 1

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files.
Re run SFC again after the 2nd command if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

fix 2
open cmd (with admin rights)
type chkdsk X: /f and press enter (Note: Replace X with drive letter of drive you testing)
2 paragraphs will pop up on C: when you go to scan it, agree to run it at startup (can't run chkdsk on C while its running windows)

that covers the 1st two fixes on here - https://windowsreport.com/fix-reset-to-device-raidport0/

Ran the SFC scan, found corrupted files, i ran the second command per your instructions then ran SFC again just in case. Then did the CHKDSK on C: , Just posting this right after the check disk, i am not exactly sure how to find out if chkdsk found anything but if the freeze happens again then we will know. Will report back if it does so. Thanks for the help.

Jan 22, 2021
Update: Still occuring. I also have went into the BIOS to see what was going on, there is no raidport 0, so i have no clue now what to do.
dbhGIqw.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.