• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

dcom errors

Jose

I keep getting these errors in my windows xp machines.
Did a google on it but still clueless. Can someone help or point in right
direction?

thanks

----------------------------

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10003
Date: 7/28/2004
Time: 4:16:46 PM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxxxx
Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server using
DefaultLaunchPermssion. The server is:
{00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
The user is Unavailable/Unavailable, SID=Unavailable.

two ways to solve this come to mind:
1. check the registry for the 00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 guid
and fix the app or component
2. use dcomcnfg to give the default launch permissions (assuming this is
something you want to run).

Regards,
Ranjeet.