[SOLVED] DDR2 ram compatible or not

Apr 9, 2021
I dont have much money to buy new hardware i am planning to upgrade ram i have dg41rq mobo i am going to purchase this ram -https://www.amazon.in/Memory-Module-Computer-Desktop-Transmission/dp/B08TTTQWJ3/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=ddr2+4gb+ram&qid=1618005471&sr=8-5

will it work on my mobo ?

Solution
It probably will not. The 4GB DDR2 modules were always tricky. I have at least 3x sets of these that never worked in their intended motherboard but worked in another. And that is if you can find them at a reasonable price.

Most of the times, the ram costs more than a complete motherboard, cpu, and 8GB memory combo that's actually more recent and much faster, like an older i3-2120 combo, which should be maximum $50 usd.

My suggestion would be to swap to a newer combo that uses a newer cpu and ddr3 as that will open up memory options (lga1156 or 1155 should be cheap and fast).
It probably will not. The 4GB DDR2 modules were always tricky. I have at least 3x sets of these that never worked in their intended motherboard but worked in another. And that is if you can find them at a reasonable price.

Most of the times, the ram costs more than a complete motherboard, cpu, and 8GB memory combo that's actually more recent and much faster, like an older i3-2120 combo, which should be maximum $50 usd.

My suggestion would be to swap to a newer combo that uses a newer cpu and ddr3 as that will open up memory options (lga1156 or 1155 should be cheap and fast).

Solution
Apr 9, 2021

Oh ! Ok i will just change it but it will take so much time thank you for your reply my friend!