DDR3 On A Budget: Six 6 GB Memory Kits

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wheeeeezer

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
'These must be "wholesale prices"...........cheapest I saw was about $70 US per 2 GB'

Sorry ...typo meant $45 per 2 GB. Seems Retail prices of memory have increased 25-30% since summer 2009

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]wheeeeezer[/nom]'These must be "wholesale prices"...........cheapest I saw was about $70 US per 2 GB'Sorry ...typo meant $45 per 2 GB. Seems Retail prices of memory have increased 25-30% since summer 2009[/citation]

Yes

overshocks

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Quote : "We asked every company to send the one product it believed would be best-able to win today’s value comparison, and OCZ decided to let us chose by sending its four lowest-priced premium memory products."

Very disappointed that there's a spelling mistake in this article. This proves that the author didn't bother proof reading it or just careless. Once again Tom's hardware shattered my heart again.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]overshocks[/nom]This proves that the author didn't bother proof reading it or just careless. Once again Tom's hardware shattered my heart again.[/citation]

It's sooo heartbreaking to hear that, maybe he's just too poor a reader to pick up on something soooo obvious.

Richard40

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Crucial memory is a solid product. It also finds favor with the masses. For the price and functionality, it's the only brand I use for my builds.

I'm getting fond of OCZ products as well. Their customer services is unmatched, not to mention their products are solid too.

lonecoyote

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
[citation][nom]chripuck[/nom]Where do you live that 40C is the norm in summertime? I live in Atlanta and 35 is average. Even South Florida doesn't really get much hotter.[/citation]

Well, lucky you, I'd say.

Southern California, which is very much a desert (ie a very hot and dry climate - hence all the fires every year here; arson heaven) gets well into the upper 40s quite frequently. Won't even mention Death Valley and probably others here that get to 50s... I don't have average for the full months where I am but I know many times it's been in mid-high 40s and my towns high is 47.

Of course, you have higher humidity and I would hate that too, but that is another story entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.