Question DDR4 3600 is running at 2133 – Amd DRAM Calculator Help

Nov 19, 2020
Summary of Issue
3600Mhz RAM is running at 2133Mhz ... 2 X DDR4 8GB 3600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX installed in A2/B2 - CMK16GX4M2D3600C18

System Configuration
Motherboard: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S (BIOS Version P3.20)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100
System Memory: 16GB (2X8Gb) DDR4 3600 MHz
OS (Version): Windows 10 x64 (Version: 20H2)

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Installed and ran Taiphoon Burner and DRAM Calculator for Ryzen 1.7.3 by 1usmus
  2. Ran and saved the HTML report
  3. Imported XMP to the DRAM calculator
And now I'm stuck because the DRAM calculator doesn't have the correct options and/or I'm daft! :)

The DRAM calculator doesn't have Zen 3. Is Zen 2, Zen 3?

My RAM is an A-die, but is it Micron?

What is the memory rank?

And lastly the DRAM PCB revision is 00h, but it isn't an option.

I'd appreciate any guidance on this! :)

Images
View: https://imgur.com/a/abW0TeB

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

20H2 is the latest version for your OS, so perhaps try and update that(if you're pending an update). To note which BIOS version are you working with for your motherboard? If you have BIOS updates pending, then it's best you update the BIOS gradually till you reach the latest version. Then try your hand at manually inputting the timings, frequency and voltage of the ram, as shown on the sticker of the ram.

Nov 19, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

20H2 is the latest version for your OS, so perhaps try and update that(if you're pending an update). To note which BIOS version are you working with for your motherboard? If you have BIOS updates pending, then it's best you update the BIOS gradually till you reach the latest version. Then try your hand at manually inputting the timings, frequency and voltage of the ram, as shown on the sticker of the ram.

Thanks for the swift reply, I updated some of the details! This is my first AMD build, so I'm not used to this RAM shenanigans. :)

I'm only one version behind in the BIOS and from my online search it appears that many have similar issues this thus the DRAM calculator. Anything over 3200Mhz counts as overclocking, so I want to go down the route of generating new timings using those two apps I've mentioned.