[SOLVED] DDR4 Cas latency predicament

rsantos19

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
So I have a 2x8 16gb kit of corsair vengeance rgb pro running at 3600mhz CAS 18-22-22-42 1.35v. All works fine however would i be able to also use the exact same kit (2x8gb 3600mhz 1.35v...) with the cas latencies being CAS 16-19-19-36. Would I be able to overclock my current kit to match these timings or is that easier said than done? Would I even be able to have both kits running at CL17 or worst case scenario have them running both C18 if it even is possible. All answers greatly appreciated thanks.

Solution
it is never recommended to mix sets of RAM, even if they are the exact same make\model.
you never know if they will be fully compatible even at the same speeds & timings.
and even if they work without crashing your system or causing errors, you may still be losing some performance because of minute differences in their operating range.
it is never recommended to mix sets of RAM, even if they are the exact same make\model.
you never know if they will be fully compatible even at the same speeds & timings.
and even if they work without crashing your system or causing errors, you may still be losing some performance because of minute differences in their operating range.

Solution

rsantos19

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
Mixing multiple ram kits is not guarantied. It might work. It may fail completely.
You'll have to run them at highest latency settings (CAS18).
It may be necessary to reduce frequency to 3200mhz or 2933mhz, to remain stable.
Thats what I was thinking, I have a few ideas in mind but I will make sure to check for any faults in memtest, Thanks

rsantos19

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
yes yes I made a big mistake on my part lmao, I was unaware that this 3600mhz kit in cl16 existed and I purchased without looking into it properly. I live in Ireland and I ordered from the UK and having to return the kit after the whole brexit situation is a bit of a hassle, Thanks