[SOLVED] Ddr4 double vs triple vs quad channel

Oct 24, 2015
What are each combo's pros and cons? In gaming vs rendering.

Is triple channel problematic? (does it lose the benefits of dual channel? Does quad channel keeps them, or enhances them?)
Cos no one mentions it. What about 24gb of ram (3x8)?

Solution
As per my original post, that would be 2 in dual and 1 in single. At which point each piece of memory accessed would be either working in dual or single somewhat randomly, I'd suggest that this is a bad thing.
It just comes with the processor, for any normal user you choose the processor and the #of ram channels is a by product of that.

If you are doing something incredibly memory intensive then it might be worth choosing your platform based on the # of channels.

If you are in fact referring to the number of memory sticks that you use, then for ryzen 2 sticks is better than 4 as it slows them down at 4 sticks. Other than that you end up in a situation for a typical dual channel mobo/CPU with (if set up properly):
2 sticks = dual channel
3 sticks = 2 in dual and 1 in single channel
4 sticks = 2 in dual channel and another 2 in dual channel (this is not quad channel)

Oct 24, 2015
What are each combo's pros and cons? In gaming vs rendering.

Is triple channel problematic? (does it lose the benefits of dual channel? Does quad channel keeps them, or enhances them?)
Cos no one mentions it. What about 24gb of ram (3x8)?
It just comes with the processor, for any normal user you choose the processor and the #of ram channels is a by product of that.

If you are doing something incredibly memory intensive then it might be worth choosing your platform based on the # of channels.

If you are in fact referring to the number of memory sticks that you use, then for ryzen 2 sticks is better than 4 as it slows them down at 4 sticks. Other than that you end up in a situation for a typical dual channel mobo/CPU with (if set up properly):
2 sticks = dual channel
3 sticks = 2 in dual and 1 in single channel
4 sticks = 2 in dual channel and another 2 in dual channel (this is not quad channel)
Yes, I referred on the number of physical ram sticks