[SOLVED] DDR4 not running at full speed

Jan 27, 2019
Hey to all!

My new bought PC Stuff works as it should, but after seeing that my benchmark

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/14198517

ran at 2133 mhz instead of its rated 4266mhz, i went to the BIOS and tried both XMP modes, i tried manual and i tried 3200 and 4200mhz. 3200mhz worked and it also showed in the benchmark, but 4200 also didnt post.

What would you guys do? (System info is in the link)

--USER BENCHMARK DOES NOT SHOW IT IN DOUBLE DATA FORM-- just in case :)

Could you provide a list of your system components with model #s?

RAM running above 2133MHz is considered overclocked and not all speeds might be compatible with the motherboard you have....unless is listed by the motherboard or RAM manufacturer (QVL) as been tested on that specific motherboard at that overclocked speed.
You might be able to get it to run at rated 4266MHz by tweaking the RAM settings (speed, timings & voltage) in the BIOS.
I suggest you try running it at 3200MHz...besides you won't see a difference in performance while using your PC in real world scenarios (gaming, video editing, word processing, etc.)
Check if there are any BIOS updates which might enhance RAM configurations.

Jan 27, 2019

Sorry, what do u mean by model #s ,the serial numbers?

BIOS is updated to the latest and on the offial asus website it says that the Z390-P supports 4266mhz (o.c)

And no i wont run it at 3200... either i get it working in a not too complicated way or i send it back. Not worth the money. :/

Jan 27, 2019

I know whats the issue... the GSkill Ram doesnt run at 4266mhz on ASUS mainboards unless you use at least 32gb. I have it on 3800mhz now. So i guess thats solved :D

Latest posts