Deactivate a window 8 key of a computer and activate it on another.

Jason Leblanc

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014
Hello, I currently have 2 PC, one with Window 8.1 (A HP 2000 laptop) and one with window 8 enterprise 90days trial (A custom made tower). My 90days trial is about to expire and I would like to get the key of my laptop, I already got it but I don't know how to deactivate. Also, when I try to enter the key on my tower it say ''The product key doesnt work on this operating system (Window Enterprise) you need to execute the installation program of window 8 or enter a Window 8 enterprise key'' How do I get the installation program of windows 8? Will I loose my current file? Thanks.

Jason Leblanc

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014

So the information here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/124286/
are false?

Just reread the original post. The Enterprise demo cannot be activated and turned into a licensed product.

From Technet:
Following the evaluation period, you will need to replace the operating system on your test computer and reinstall all your programs and data. It is not possible to upgrade the evaluation to a licensed working version of Windows 8.1 Enterprise. A clean installation is required.
Unless you have a Volume license agreement with Microsoft, with your own KMS server, you will not be able to activate and license that version for individual use.