[SOLVED] Dead Asus motherboard? (AGAIN?)

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
So I am building my dad a new pc and I have the case, psu and the motherboard and I was trying to test the board to make sure it wasn’t dead and I powered everything on and nothing. No ram leds or motherboard led either. So I used the psu tester and my psu works fine. I don’t know what the issue is but everything is fully inserted and I am confused
Seasonic 650 gold plus
Asus b450-f gaming

Solution
There is no cpu in but I’m just wanting to make sure the RGB lights up so it’s not dead and it is in the case. I’m going to put the cpu in and test if it does Th e same thing
Without CPU and RAM you can't expect much and certainly can't get into BIOS to make required settings. For 3600 you also need a dedicated GPU just to see anything. It's illusory to try anything until that set is complete.
So I am building my dad a new pc and I have the case, psu and the motherboard and I was trying to test the board to make sure it wasn’t dead and I powered everything on and nothing. No ram leds or motherboard led either. So I used the psu tester and my psu works fine. I don’t know what the issue is but everything is fully inserted and I am confused
Seasonic 650 gold plus
Asus b450-f gaming
Is it in the case or out ? CPU and it's cooler too ?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Seasonic 650 gold plus
Asus b450-f gaming
If you don't have the CPU it's probably not going to cut on.

There is no cpu in but I’m just wanting to make sure the RGB lights up so it’s not dead and it is in the case. I’m going to put the cpu in and test if it does Th e same thing
Without CPU and RAM you can't expect much and certainly can't get into BIOS to make required settings. For 3600 you also need a dedicated GPU just to see anything. It's illusory to try anything until that set is complete.

Solution