[SOLVED] Dead By Daylight stutters/frame drops

Aug 4, 2021
Hello people, I've came here to see if someone could help me solve my problem. I'm a normal/active player of the game Dead By Daylight, and sometimes I get microstutters/frame drops, I've tried optimizing my PC, disabling services, I had a clean install of Windows because I was stuck in boot loop, This problem has been going for months even when I had a Ryzen 3 3100. I have clean installed my game drivers, I've tried Game Mode, I've tried DBD Optimization Files and nothing seems to work. I have an overclock on my GTX 1080 and its stable and it has never caused me problems and dbd is the only game that gives me microstutters/frame drops, I have unlocked my cores, set my RAM to its advertised speeds but nothing seems to work, even on low I get some microstutters/frame drops time to time, I even optimized my NVIDIA Control Panel Graphic settings, I turn on HAGS, I made DBD run in High Priority, I have my FPS capped at 120 FPS, MY temps aren't the problem as my gpu sits at 55-60C and my cpu sits at 46-53C please someone help me, thanks! I have a Ryzen 5 5600x (NEW), ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP Edition (GPU is like 2 Years Old), Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM 3600 MHz (2x8GB) CL18 (About a year old) , MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk (NEW), Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 Rev 4 (NEW), 4 Corsair LL120 Fans (NEW).

Solution
Loading=usage.

You need to load them at 100% to really check the temps.

...and as I said...I would run HWInfo and let it run "in game" and then exit out of the game and check the values.

MANY times stuttering is cause by high temps, low voltages, or driver issues....and I think we've somewhat eliminated driver issues.
Well then...I'm thinking it's probably not that.
I'm also thinking it's not software related as you did a clean Windows install and clean driver install.

"my gpu sits at 55-60C and my cpu sits at 46-53C "
at what loading?

Have you checked temps and voltages in game when it is stuttering?

If not, I'd set HWInfo to run and run it while you run the game and then exit out of the game and look at the max temp values....as well as the high and low voltage values of the 12, 5 and 3.3 volt supplies.

Aug 4, 2021
I don’t know what “loading” is sorry, but the usage on my gpu is about 40-50% and my cpu is around 30-40% if that helps, I think it’s my GPU is degrading but I don’t know how to confirm that

Loading=usage.

You need to load them at 100% to really check the temps.

...and as I said...I would run HWInfo and let it run "in game" and then exit out of the game and check the values.

MANY times stuttering is cause by high temps, low voltages, or driver issues....and I think we've somewhat eliminated driver issues.

Solution
Ok I’ll try it out as soon as a I can, thanks
You're welcome.
If after you exit out of the game...if your max cpu temp went above 75....or your max gpu temp went above 85 (these are estimates)...there is a potential that there is your problem.
If your 12V goes below 11.4 or above 12.6....problem.
If the 5V goes below 4.75 or above 5.25....problem.
If the 3.3V goes below 3.135 or above 3.465....problem.

Aug 4, 2021
what is the model number of your ram kit, how may sticks do you have installed, this info can be found on the ram sticks
I’m not home right now so I can’t clarify the model number, but I have 2 of them installed in A2 and B2 (Dual channel) I just don’t wanna buy a new gpu or ram if I can fix the problem