Question Dead CPU?

Jun 1, 2020
I pulled a brand new ryzen 5 3600 out of the box and noticed what looks a burnt pin. I know it's hard to tell much from a picture but I'm hesitant to plug it into the board to test it.
7aAA7pl.jpg

CHzuKQJ.jpg

W1mnwm5.jpg

Here are a few pictures of what I'm talking about. Any help or input is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance for your help!

I pulled a brand new ryzen 5 3600 out of the box and noticed what looks a burnt pin. I know it's hard to tell much from a picture but I'm hesitant to plug it into the board to test it.
7aAA7pl.jpg

CHzuKQJ.jpg

W1mnwm5.jpg

Here are a few pictures of what I'm talking about. Any help or input is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance for your help!
Be free to test it, it can't hurt anything else but may be better to return it, once installed you may have problem proving it wasn't your fault and may be a problem if you try to sell it later on.

7aAA7pl.jpg

CHzuKQJ.jpg

W1mnwm5.jpg

Always best to test it out. It looks like the guy packaging it got chocolate on it. But it probably is a burnt pin I guess. Test it, if it does not perform well then, return it because it is quite evident you didn't do that to the CPU. If its only 1 pin then I doubt it won't work