Question Dead gpu fan after 3 yrs of computer storage How do I change to integrated without a display?

Oct 14, 2023
Knowing the specs of the rest of the system is crucial.

Does it start at all? What does the computer do when you hit the power button?

Far more information is needed.
Thanks for your reply. Seems I threw out all my paperwork in my move two yrs ago! 14yrs old It was a beast that I know.

Oh well. All I wanted was to retrieve files on the HD. Power works. CPU fan works. Pulled the card cleaned it, pulled the battery. Card fan still a no go.

Just for the heck of it, how in the world could I get into integrated video with no feed to a monitor?

Thanks again!

Do you at least know if it was an Intel GPU?

Unless you had Xeon CPU from back then, the CPU should have an integrated GPU. Remove the GPU from the system, connect the monitor to the motherboard, and try to boot.

Oct 14, 2023
Do you at least know if it was an Intel GPU?

Unless you had Xeon CPU from back then, the CPU should have an integrated GPU. Remove the GPU from the system, connect the monitor to the motherboard, and try to boot.
GPU XFX R7750
GIGABYTE GA 770TA-UDE
Without Taking it off I'd bet Athlon I'm now thinking of taking it apart just for the memories and the games! They say there are no stupid questions but here goes...How the Heck do I connect my monitor without the connection in the machine. Even resetting the CMOS I'll have to study up on :-( Lack of monitor access is killing me.

Reset CMOS and pull the GPU if you haven't already.

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
If your motherboard doesn't have a video out on it you don't have an iGPU (or even if you do, there's no way to use it). Chances are a machine that old didn't have one.

Oct 14, 2023
GIGABYTE GA 770TA-UDE
Without Taking it off I'd bet Athlon I'm now thinking of taking it apart just for the memories and the games! They say there are no stupid questions but here goes...How the Heck do I connect my monitor without the connection in the machine. Even resetting the CMOS I'll have to study up on :-( Lack of monitor access is killing me.
Found the CMOS pins. I need a VGA to usb cord as well. If CMOS reset doesn't work.

Do you think that a reset will help with the GPU problem? Thank you

GIGABYTE GA 770TA-UDE
Sound like you need a new discrete GPU and/or test the GPU in a different system. That motherboard doesn't have any video output options.

Oct 14, 2023
Yes I see that now. $$$$ components in this beast back in the day. Time for both of us to retire. :cool:

I really should try a cheap GPU to test the system though.

Thank you two for your help!

AlbertAZ

Commendable
Oct 5, 2021
Yes I see that now. $$$$ components in this beast back in the day. Time for both of us to retire. :cool:

I really should try a cheap GPU to test the system though.

Thank you two for your help!
I believe your MB has an HDMI out port but to use it I believe you need a CPU with integrated graphics. Have a look at your CPU and google the model