Question Random Windows 10 BSOD’s constantly, no dumps created

Sep 27, 2024
Hello! I have been a longtime lurker here and have seen how you guys have miraculously solved several issues. I’m looking for a little guidance.

I randomly started getting BSOD’s seemingly out of nowhere on my PC. It always starts by randomly freezing my PC, and then after around 30 seconds to 1 minute it crashes. I can usually use my PC pretty fine, it boots no problem, but the incessant BSOD’s are really annoying. The blue screen only flashes for a single second before it restarts, so I have to record a video every time to read the error message. It’s always been 3 error messages.

I get CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION.

So far I have tried uninstalling my WiFi device driver, reinstalling Windows from scratch, reseating my RAM and SSD, and running memtest86 and memtest86+ which both show everything working fine. I have also tried sfc scan now, updating my SSD firmware, chdsk, dism, and most other command line tools. The most recent part I have added to my PC was a 2tb Western Digital Black NVME SSD. The Western Digital SSD software says the drive is totally healthy. I also have a 2tb HDD. My SSD temperatures don’t reach anything insanely high, the most I’ve seen is 55 Celsius.

Sometimes, there are specific actions that will usually trigger a BSOD. For example, when I try to install a certain program or when I open Google Chrome with Memory Saver mode on, a BSOD usually occurs. I’m leaning towards it being the RAM or the SSD, though that is solely based off of others who have experienced a similar issue.

As far as crash logs or memory dumps go, even Minidumps fail to generate. Every time I BSOD and I open Event Viewer —> Custom Views —> Administrative Events, no matter what error message flashes I always get:
volmgr: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation
Kernel-Power: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first
Eventlog: Audit events have been dropped by the transport

Here is a copy of all my logs in the system32 —> winevt —> Logs folder. Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yr888p58nhj50xw/logs.zip/file

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For example, when I try to install a certain program
Which would be...? Does Device Manager show you anything flagged with a yellow exclamation mark?

On another note, when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Sep 27, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For example, when I try to install a certain program
Which would be...? Does Device Manager show you anything flagged with a yellow exclamation mark?

On another note, when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70 GHZ
CPU cooler: Not sure, but will update the next time I open my PC
Motherboard: Alienware 0N43JM BIOS Version 1.0.24
Ram: 32gb HyperX Fury 2933mhz
SSD/HDD: 1 WD_BLACK SN2770 2TB NVME SSD, 1 TEAM T2532TB 2TB SATA SSD
GPU: 2x Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER in SLI
PSU: Dell HU1000EGM-00 1000W (4 Years Old)
Chassis: Alienware Aurora R11
Monitor: AOC

The Alienware wasn’t my choice, my Dad bought it in 2020 and I bought it off him for an insane deal this year. It was working well until I installed the WD SSD a month ago. Issues started happening after that, which was my most recent part upgrade.

BSOD’s can pretty reliably be triggered by running standalone program installers (somewhat random) and pretty consistently by booting the PC, signing in, waiting a minute on the Home Screen and then opening Google Chrome

Today I also tried swapping the RAM sticks from my second PC to this one, it BSOD again so I’m fairly sure the RAM is not at fault. I’m fairly sure it’s the WD SSD or the motherboard but I’d like to find out why so others don’t suffer my issue in the future. I also tried running the r/techsupport hwinfo torture test for 20 minutes and it was totally fine. Here are some hwinfo logs monitoring my system specs while idle and while crashing in case they’re useful.

I also got a new BSOD error message: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

https://mega.nz/file/MYVxAAoY#m-tlD9LKDPfDK8RPsKCVySJthMssJmfZ__iOpILBQxQ

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS