Dead HDD noise

Oct 11, 2018
The HDD in my Hp pavilion 15 has died, the laptop took a whack because of my twitchy hands causing me to drop the laptop. This I already know, the HDD itself is currently out of commission. What I don't know is what damage it sustained. It isn't clicking in anyway, all I hear is what sounds like a disc spinning up at low speeds over and over and over again, like it's trying to spin up to speed but gives up after a second each time, or stops it after a second each time, while doing this there are no other sounds, at all. When I access my laptops Bios and check the drive, while it's doing this weird spin up thing it point blank doesn't see the drive, but after a few minutes it gives up and then its found, S.M.A.R.T check giving me warnings on both checks it has.

I don't know what this weirdness is my drive is doing but from what I can gather it is not a common sound or even fault, which makes me thing this drive may actually be salvageable, and can be repaired. All I can guess (with a very good gut instinct) is that the disk itself hasn't been damaged (yet) or if it has it is not a major hit.

Does anyone have any ideas what this weirdness from this drive actually means? I've searched everywhere and the closest I've come is about Hard Drives that have stopped spinning completely.

knighthoundofmusic, most unfortunate accident. A bit of advice; if you want to get your data back do not access the drive anymore as this can damage it beyond the point of salvaging any info off it. Tough to tell what happened as the drive is sealed and opening it up will make matters much worse. Best to put is aside and if you can use a data recovery service. Best of luck and sorry to be the bearer of bad news.