[SOLVED] DEAD Intel i7 3770 CPU?

jaybarillo

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Hi guys good day to all, I want some help regarding about my problem.

So yesterday i tried booting up my pc to use it, but it didn't past the windows 10 logo.

So i tried re-seating everything (ram, cpu, gpu,hdd tried another psu, ) but its still the same.

I can get into bios, but when i was about to get into windows 10 logo my pc restart.

It just shows the windows 10 logo with preparing automatic repair text at the bottom for a second then it shut down.

I try to use my usb with a windows 10 media creation tool but it just did the same.I try my cpu to my colleague's motherboard and it show the same issue?

Could it be my cpu's dead?But i can still get into bios and see its temperature to know that it is not overheating.

specs, cpu: i7 3770

motherboard:h61mxe-k

ram:8gb ddr3 1333

gpu:rx570

psu:600w superflower

Realy appreciate some replies.

Last edited:
Solution
I would likely assume a dead CPU. Could toss it, or make a cool keychain. No point in selling a dead CPU, although someone may buy it if the price is small enough.

toniplavna

Reputable
Dec 4, 2016
If pc boots to BIOS cpu is not dead. If its damaged, it will probably show black screen, overheating and such.
Are you sure your ssd/hdd is not damaged or faulty so its not booting to windows?

jaybarillo

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
If pc boots to BIOS cpu is not dead. If its damaged, it will probably show black screen, overheating and such.
Are you sure your ssd/hdd is not damaged or faulty so its not booting to windows?
I have tried booting without any hdd installed but sometimes freezes even in bios.

Last edited:

jaybarillo

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
It probably is hardware-related, but id point to ram before CPU.

Use another PC and create a bootable memtest USB. https://www.memtest86.com/

Boot into this USB and test ram. YOu may want to try booting on each ram stick individually if you have more than one ram stick.
[/QUO
It probably is hardware-related, but id point to ram before CPU.

Use another PC and create a bootable memtest USB. https://www.memtest86.com/

Boot into this USB and test ram. YOu may want to try booting on each ram stick individually if you have more than one ram stick.
Tried that already, but it just freeze and stop working at the start. Tried using 3 different rams individually, still wont work.

jaybarillo

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
You tried your CPU in a colleague's PC and the issue persists, but did you try their CPU in your PC? If you did, and the issue doesn't persist, then I'd say you could call the CPU your point of failure.
Tried that and his i5 3470 works just fine.
But I can still boot on bios, can it still be fixed?

jaybarillo

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Did your CPU not work in his PC that currently has the I5? If it didnt, its dead, Jim.
Well i cant say it doesn't work, it restarted on the windows 10 logo with the preparing automatic repair on the bottom text as I tried to use it on his pc. I was thinking that my os is corrupted that is why its showing the automatic repair text. But when i tried it on his pc, It just show the same problem with his working os.

jaybarillo

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
I would likely assume a dead CPU. Could toss it, or make a cool keychain. No point in selling a dead CPU, although someone may buy it if the price is small enough.
Well i just want an assurance that its dead already so i can already move-on.

Was planning to build myself a new pc though, planning on getting a Ryzen 5 2600 or buying a new i7 3770 so I can still use my rig. What can you suggest? Mostly for gaming.

Thanks, It was sort of a side project that proved to be very entertaining.

If you want, you can see where the Idea stemmed from and see some of the progression that went into the construction of this PC.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/toms-hardware-member-system-gallery.1285475/page-183
It's still not done, as I have a new CPU bought from eBay which should arrive sometime. Also, the GPU is very old and well, loud. I'm trying to sell it and throw in a better card.