Dead Space 2 Confirmed for PC Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I hope it will be in FPS mode then. Playing third person view with mouse/keyboard is so weird. I haven't enjoyed a game with third person view since maybe the first Max Payne. Resident Evil 5 and Gears of War had such weird movement. Just Cause 2 is the same although I guess it would be a lot harder in FPS mode.

The best would be like Arma II where you get the option of both.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Acti-who? Activision is now only kept on life support by WoW revenues that Vivendi funnels them. All their talent abandoned ship, guitar hero has gotten stale, and their user base is rather unloyal.

This is going to be the year of ZeniMax. They are releasing simply better products on a different level then shovel ware EA and Activision can pull out. Brink, RAGE, and Fallout New Vegas. I think we all know whats going to sell.

Even though the first one was designed for PC, if a console game isn't designed for PC it usually sucks when compared to actual PC games. The scrutiny on PC games is alot higher then with consoles and the difference shows in quality and creativity.

Moving forward we should see more developers opting for the PC first because of the aging consoles that are now pushing 5 years and hardware limitations of yesteryear.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]gamerk316[/nom]EA's actually done OK since the Spore thing went down. Its not like they are using Activision or Ubisofts insane DRM schemes...[/citation]

[citation][nom]house70[/nom]...and will be so loaded with DRM, you won't even recognize it!...[/citation]

EA already confirmed quite a while ago that they're committed to relaxing DRM.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
this game is not fun, it's scary like hell, it uses cheap methods to form the scare factor in the game... however i can't just ignore a weapon that shoots a laser cutting anything in its way... that's FUN!!!!1

G

the first one was one of the worst pc (console rip) i have ever played
there was no feel in the steering of your guy(girl? don´t remember)and overall the game machanics was so bad i played it for 15 min and after that was deleted from the harddrive, the console boom have done so the whole gaming industri have gone back 5 years or something like that

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
OMFG, GOOD news?! This is unusual! I'm really glad to hear this, i had some issues with the first game and its awkward controls and laggy aiming, but it was still an awesome experience. Def glad that i'll be able to play the sequel.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Couldn't even finish the first game... it was fun for first two-hour, killed a boss that is "immortal" but then... ehh same monster, not so scary anymore. Only 5 or so weapons, sucks.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I really liked the first Dead Space. I somehow missed the announcement of the second one until a few months after it came out; a buddy was asking if I'd played it and I said yes, then he proceeded to tell me all about DS2 and I was like WTF are you talking about? I was shocked when I found out the second one wasn't available for PC.

Yes, turning off vsync helped my mouse. Still not perfect though, it seemed like there was way too much animation in the characters legs and torso. For example, you would run one direction and then try and run back and the character would make a bit slow moving deal of stopping, catching his balance (sorta) and turning, then running again. I found it annoying.

G

I'd read about the laggy controls before buying, but it was easy enough to find the config file (even on the Steam version) and turn the mouse sensitivity to a value > 1. It shows as flowing off the bar in the options menu, but that and deactivating VSYNC made the control performance quite acceptable.

Fun game. A bit derivative at times to SF fans, but in a good way. At least it didn't cop-out like ME2's final boss. Looking forward to the sequel.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
It was obvious a pc version of dead space would come out, I just expected it a month after the console versions. Would I get it? Yes, cause dead space 1 was quite fun. I wonder if it will pick up DX11 or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS