Deal of the Day: Alienware m11x Core i5 @ $699

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj3639

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
I bought an m11x back in October when this deal was just for military personnel. Perfect if you need a computing platform on the go that packs power. I use it for all my CSCI classes and as a flight simulator as well. It's nice pulling this out and watching the MacBook Pro guys 'hipness' melt away.

Hothr

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
I just want to know where the "1GB GeForce GT 335M discrete GPU" falls on the Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart. If it can't even make the chart, it can't be good, right?

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Hothr[/nom]I just want to know where the "1GB GeForce GT 335M discrete GPU" falls on the Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart. If it can't even make the chart, it can't be good, right?[/citation]

The GPU is just fine, especially for the lower resolution you would be playing at. Its the low clocked CPU's that come with these m11x's that you need to worry about, especially with all these CPU bound console ports that are coming out.

Espada

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Hothr[/nom]I just want to know where the "1GB GeForce GT 335M discrete GPU" falls on the Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart. If it can't even make the chart, it can't be good, right?[/citation]
no its good for a graphics card in a small laptop. Should be able to play current games on medium such as bfbc2 and sc2(maybe high on sc2, depends on actual config in game) its between a 4670 and a 5650.
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]How is the battery life with all of those lights blinking everywhere?[/citation]
battery life with the su7300 c2d had about 5-6 hours in review. so i say battery life should be around 4-5 basic websurfing etc..

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]kj3639[/nom]I bought an m11x back in October when this deal was just for military personnel. Perfect if you need a computing platform on the go that packs power. I use it for all my CSCI classes and as a flight simulator as well. It's nice pulling this out and watching the MacBook Pro guys 'hipness' melt away.[/citation]

Sure it did... >.>

Their "hipness" didn't fade away, as we all know that's impossible(They ARE Apple fans after all. :p). They just see a laptop from a company that tries far too hard, with crappy QA, and even worse Customer Service. And that ruins their day.

To even think a m11x > MacBook Pro is lolz.

chrisv815

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Yea, but its an Alienware.
Which means its really a Dell
Which means its really going to suck and have terrible service.
Which means its really not a deal. Is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.