Deals April 29: 2TB Toshiba SATA III HDD $70

Status
Not open for further replies.

You'd prefer Seagate? or western digital? Toshiba's drives get great reviews it seems. Like Samsung used to. If you want to complain about something complain that its not a sale because you have to send in a rebate.

I was excited for a second about they monitors. If they had the balls to charge that much normally they had to be 1920x1200 right? what a sweet steal on sale! OH RIGHT. This is Dell. The charge that much normally for some 2 1680 x 1050.... why are they 22 inch again?

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

You do realize that you only have 3 options when buying HDD now right?

Seagate = Samsung = Maxtor (1 year warranty)

Western Digital = HGST ....so much HDD saturation that you have to solve a logic puzzle just to know if your drive can work in RAID (head parking issue). Not to mention that anything beyond their Black series is crap but its a premium price for 2TB HDD. (most of their drives are 1 year warranty)

Toshiba = Hitachi (Western Digital brought Hitachi then had to give the technology to Toshiba to prevent a monopoly) The current 2TB drives from Hitachi are 2 platter drives at 1TB per platter. I currently have 4 of their 2TB PH3200U drives which run great and cool. No complains (3 year warranty). My 4 Seagate 2TBs however, the bad sector count above 300 per drive. (1 year warranty).

So choose your poison. 2TB with 3 year warranty for less than $100 seem like a killer to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.