[SOLVED] Dear orb of knowledge: Need MB for Photoshop work station. Don't need lighting effects or WiFi just reliability

pchaplo

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
Pardon this rough sketch I'm just getting ideas together. Working on a build list for Black Friday 2019 for a Photoshop workstation. No gaming. Thinking 64GB DDR4, i5 or i7 Intel, Win10 64, some nVidia graphics board, WD Blue 1TB boot drive, 2TB WD Black data drive. Stiil wondering about Motherboard, which is what brought me back here to the orb of knowledge. See, I am a long time Gigabyte MB lover -- but now reading about numerous problems and poor QC. Bummer. What to do? I do NOT need lighting effects, nor to I need WiFi. I do want to have NVMe PCIe Gen3 M.2 Slots for SSD scratch drive. 3 x 2TB WD black HDDs for data. A MB with elegant layout. Minimum of aethetic bling. I want a tractor, not a show car. Please advise on what you recommend for a motherboards to go in a full size case. I am a photographer, not a computer expert. I believe that I want 1151 socket. I like dual BIOS.

Last edited:
Solution
Although you pick Intel for a CPU did you really look at the Ryzen 3xxx series with the X570 motherboards? You can have that NVMe drive with PCIe 4.0 ...